Sign in to follow this  
Vulkan

Incorrect time in FMC

Today I launched a flight for the first time in about six months. It's great to be back. Not having had the time to fly due to a lot of work, I sure have been missing my NGX! However, I noticed a problem that I haven't encountered before:

I made a flight now in the evening (real time) with the NGX, about 19:00-20:40 UTC IRL. However, I simulated a flight from this morning departing at 05:20UTC and arriving about an hour later. So that is the time that I set FSX to. I also used Active Sky Next with the same historical time.

But suddenly I realized that the FMC displayed the wrong time. The clock to my left in the captains seat showed the correct historical time that I had set in the FSX menu, but the FMC said it was about 1140UTC when I looked in the LEGS or PROG page. It got weirder as well, because when I clicked on INIT I got the correct historical time. So it was just the LEGS page and PROG page as well as the MDF that shoved the faulty time.

Does anyone know why this is? It seems like a bug to me, but sometimes this NGX is so real that things like this is "suppose" to happen. Any suggestions?

/Bjorn Wettergren, Sweden

Does anyone know why this is? It seems like a bug to me, but sometimes this NGX is so real that things like this is "suppose" to happen. Any suggestions?

I do know that there is a bug with the FSX time function. I don't recall what it is, or how it affects things, but there's well-known bug related to it (google can confirm if you're interested).

I've made years-worth of flights without issues, but if you can provide steps to reproduce it, I'll look into it.

Kyle Rodgers

Does anyone know why this is?
FSX issue. It comes and it goes but it mostly goes. Unless it continues I would not worry about it. In almost 3 1/2 years I have had happen once with NGX.

Thanks for the quick response!

I experienced a twist of this today. Today the FMC says 0000Z. And instead of showing the actual time, it shows time TO the waypoint. For example, I am flying from LSZH to ESSA. Instead of showing actual estimated time of arrival in the PROG page, it showed 0200Z when I departed and then it started to count down towards 0000Z. And meanwhile, the captains clock is showing the correct time, as is the FMC in the POS INIT page. 

The MDF map view also counts down and shows time TO the next waypoint, not expected time OVER the next waypoint. 

Now, I havn't been using my NGX for about six months, but I don't remember it working like this, I remember the FMC to show the acutal UTC time, not a count down. Am I wrong?

Now, I havn't been using my NGX for about six months, but I don't remember it working like this, I remember the FMC to show the acutal UTC time, not a count down. Am I wrong?

It is meant to work as you'd expect it and not how you're seeing it working at the moment. Have you changed any of your computer settings? FSX Settings? Are you loading from a panel state that you're saving over and over again?

Please sign your name to your posts:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/

Kyle Rodgers

No I havn't change any settings at all. In fact I haven't used the FSX-computer since this summer. I have that computer only for FSX (and add ons). So it has just been standing here... When I started it yesterday I had to upgrade Active Sky as there had been a patch since last time, also Windows wanted a bunch of updates. And of course I downloaded the latest AIRAC from Navigraph for both PDMG and PFPX. But other than that I havn't changed any settings.

I am loading from a panel state that I have set up and used before. Today, I tried to load from a different panel state that I call cold and dark (and that is when it got 0000Z, yesterday it was some other fake time that didn't make sense at all).

Is it even possible to load the NGX without a panel state? I mean, either it is the default from PMDG or some other that you can choose as default. Should I try to load a different state or to load the aircraft in any other way?

The normal way is that I load FSX. I choose the NGX model I want to fly. Then I put in the Airport and time and then I just go fly. Active Sky takes care of my weather and Radar Contact does my ATC. I have been doing this the same way all the time and it has worked wonders, until now.

Well, in fact I kind of like this "feat" with the count down, maybe Boeing should look into that. :) No, of course I rather want it to be as realistic as possible. So I really appreciate any suggestions.

/Björn Wettergren

Is it even possible to load the NGX without a panel state?

Go to the PMDG SETUP> menu on the CDU. Press the DEL key on the keypad. Click the link that says "DEFAULT STATE" and it should remove whatever panel state is in there. The aircraft will now load with the engines running when you load the sim. While this might not be ideal, just give it a try for now to see if it solves the issue. Close the sim (just to be sure anything is cleared out of memory) and restart it. When the plane loads, the engines should be running. Try running a flight now and check to see if the issue returns. If not, then it's a corrupted panel state issue.

Kyle Rodgers

That might have been it!

I did what you suggested and now it seems to work. Hopefully it will continue to do so.

Thanks for the help!

/Bjorn Wettergren