Sign in to follow this  
N1G

ORBX v1 installers

Hi,

Anyone know the detailed consequences of using an FTX v1 installer vs the v2?  What are the consequences and can those consequences be manually fixed?

I am getting so tired of waiting. 

Regards

Bob

I installed a couple of Orbx airports, which do not have a triple installer yet, just by installing the Prepar3d v1 version into Prepar3d v2 using the following instructions (no EMT):

http://airdailyx.blogspot.de/2013/11/a-guide-for-installing-orbx-scenery.html

They all work fine. It did this with PAJN, PAKT, KJAC, YBCS and others. No problems. Even the object flows work without a problem. Some have minor glitches but nothing really annoying. If it doen't work (for whatever reason), you can easily delete the airport and delete the entry from the scenery.cfg and nothing will happen.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I installed a couple of Orbx airports, which do not have a triple installer yet, just by installing the Prepar3d v1 version into Prepar3d v2 using the following instructions (no EMT):

http://airdailyx.blogspot.de/2013/11/a-guide-for-installing-orbx-scenery.html

They all work fine. It did this with PAJN, PAKT, KJAC, YBCS and others. No problems. Even the object flows work without a problem. Some have minor glitches but nothing really annoying. If it doen't work (for whatever reason), you can easily delete the airport and delete the entry from the scenery.cfg and nothing will happen.

Yes I saw this post. I will have to give it a try.

Thanks Carlito!

Bob

What about using the utility called the Migrator?  Does this utility still work with p3d v2? I do not have FSX installed anymore though.

Bob

What about using the utility called the Migrator?  Does this utility still work with p3d v2? I do not have FSX installed anymore though.

As long as you have updated to the most current version, the Estonia Migration Tool (aka EMT) does still work with P3D v2.4.  An install of FSX is not necessary--EMT has a "virtual FSX" mode that obviates the need for an installed copy of FSX for it to work its magic.

As always, YMMV with FSX -> P3D conversions no matter what tool/technique you use to move it over.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

What about using the utility called the Migrator?

I would prefer to install it using the method described in the link above. This way, it will install the Orbx Objectflows for Prepar3d v1 (and not the ones for FSX) which will be automatically updated to the Objectflows for Prepar3d v2 once you start Prepar3d the first time after installing the scenery. This way I have managed to get the Orbx Objectsflows to work at any of the airports which only have a v1 installer. In addition, you get the control panel for the Prepar3d v1 version which lets you choose options not available in the FSX version (e.g. you can turn on the snow covers at CZST in winter which does not work automatically as it does in FSX).

I personally have the feeling that Obx deliberately delays the updates of some airports because they want to boost the sales of the older small airports by releasing their triple installers first. It seems to be kind of obvious as they haven't touched most of the newer and larger airports so far (e.g. Redding). And I also have the fear (even though Orbx stated otherwise) that all the Russ White airports (PAKT, PAJN, PAEN and others) will not be updated at all because Russ has left Orbx. But that's just my 2 cents...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I haven't tired the ORBX stuff, but most other scenery I own is easy to install in P3Dv2 (FS Addon Tongass Fjords and Vancouver+ scenery for instance).

I first use the Flight 1 Registry Fix tool to set Prepar3D = FSX. Then I install, and use the F1 tool again to set FSX back to FSX. The tool is freeware and can be downloaded from the F1 website.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I would prefer to install it using the method described in the link above. This way, it will install the Orbx Objectflows for Prepar3d v1 (and not the ones for FSX) which will be automatically updated to the Objectflows for Prepar3d v2 once you start Prepar3d the first time after installing the scenery. This way I have managed to get the Orbx Objectsflows to work at any of the airports which only have a v1 installer. In addition, you get the control panel for the Prepar3d v1 version which lets you choose options not available in the FSX version (e.g. you can turn on the snow covers at CZST in winter which does not work automatically as it does in FSX).

I personally have the feeling that Obx deliberately delays the updates of some airports because they want to boost the sales of the older small airports by releasing their triple installers first. It seems to be kind of obvious as they haven't touched most of the newer and larger airports so far (e.g. Redding). And I also have the fear (even though Orbx stated otherwise) that all the Russ White airports (PAKT, PAJN, PAEN and others) will not be updated at all because Russ has left Orbx. But that's just my 2 cents...

It seems that you are saying the Migrator does not install the object flow code correctly? 

Bob

It seems that you are saying the Migrator does not install the object flow code correctly?

I don't have the EMT because you can do everything the tool does just by setting symbolic links. So I don't know if the tool does it correctly. All I'm saying is that there is a difference between the FSX version of an Orbx airport and the Prepar3d v1 version and that the Prepar3d v1 versions work fine on my system.

As carlito777 has pointed out, for FSX/P3DV1 installers, you are better off installing them manually (please refer to the article posted in this thread) as other tools will emulate FSX and thus install the FSX version.

For FSX-only installers, you may use migration tools.

OK I created the reg file to do the redirect.

IF I click the shortcut it does point to the prepar3d v2 directory but shows prepar3d which is correct I understand, but I have issues. When I run the v1 orbx installer it gives me an error:

Radio Buttons > On Next, Line 13: Argument 2 must be of type string.  This installer was for 0S9 Jefferson County. So I tried another NA KBVS Skagit Regional. Same problem.

Any ideas? Could it be something left in the closet by the EMT tool? I did install it. I searched the registry for estonia but could not find any entries.

Bob

OK, I reinstalled the Migration tool and then uninstalled it and now I was able to get the install to at least recognize the installation as p3d, but, now I get a error that it cannot create the directory

"\ORBX\Scripts" Hmm it already exists of course. Not sure what to do now.

Bob

I found a post on the same link where a guy was having the same issue but the author told him to make sure on the setup path that he used two \\ with the path i.e. mine is  "SetupPath"="D:\\P3D\\"

Mine is done right and far as I can see, but I still get the same "Cannot create Script Folder" error so not sure what to do. 

Bob