Sign in to follow this  
emann072

going to 3 monitor setup - advise on the other 2 i need to buy

Hi,

i am planning to go for the 3 monitor setup.

i did some tests with two extra old tfts just to ensure i can handle and organise the setup....now my main monitor is an HP LP2475 with a resolution of 1900x1200.

The monitors i can readily find locally in 24" size are all 1900x1080....how does this difference impact the setup and should i just search for 1900x1200 only.

regards,

emann

Hi,

i am planning to go for the 3 monitor setup.

i did some tests with two extra old tfts just to ensure i can handle and organise the setup....now my main monitor is an HP LP2475 with a resolution of 1900x1200.

The monitors i can readily find locally in 24" size are all 1900x1080....how does this difference impact the setup and should i just search for 1900x1200 only.

regards,

emann

Depends on what video card you have and whether you want to combine the three in a Surround/Eyefinity setup or run them as three independent screens?

Dell still still makes some good 1920x1200 monitors.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

hi...tks for the reply.

my card is evga GTX760 4GBDDR and would like to use nvidia surround...now since my main monitor  is 1900x1200 and what is readily available is 1900x1080, i am wondering how this might impact the final resolution.

on another note, if i would go with 2 monitors 1900x1200 and the side one 1600x1200, how would this fair...just speaking with relatives i can get the 1600x1200 one relatively cheap (if not for free) and all that would be remaining is another 1900x1200 then....

any feedback would be appreciated.

tks

ea

on another note, if i would go with 2 monitors 1900x1200 and the side one 1600x1200, how would this fair...just speaking with relatives i can get the 1600x1200 one relatively cheap (if not for free) and all that would be remaining is another 1900x1200 then....

any feedback would be appreciated.

tks

ea

ea,that's not going to work if you want to use surround.

With surround all three monitors must have the same native resolution.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

hi..tks again for replying....

what i would like to understand is if you have 3 monitors 1900x1200 you will get a final resolution of 5700x1200 right? 

so if i have 2 monitors 1900x1200 and 1 monitor 1600x1200 isn't it a matter of having a final resolution of 5400x1200? or is there any effect on how the final view is stretched along the three monitors as well?

i am trying to attach 2 pics of the tests done with the setup above of my first post..i.e. 3 different monitors altogether. which at the end is not bad i think but i cannot manage.

look forward for more assistance.

regards

ea

hi..tks again for replying....

what i would like to understand is if you have 3 monitors 1900x1200 you will get a final resolution of 5700x1200 right? 

so if i have 2 monitors 1900x1200 and 1 monitor 1600x1200 isn't it a matter of having a final resolution of 5400x1200? or is there any effect on how the final view is stretched along the three monitors as well?

i am trying to attach 2 pics of the tests done with the setup above of my first post..i.e. 3 different monitors altogether. which at the end is not bad i think but i cannot manage.

look forward for more assistance.

regards

ea

Yes 3x1900x1200 would give you 5700x1200.

You would probably want to use bevel correction so that could put the resoulution up to about 6000x1200.

I always thought that surround monitors had to have the same native resoulution but looks like that is wrong and they only have to be set to the same common resolution according to this nvidia support page:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2668/related/1

However since you would have to set them all to the lowest common resolution I guess it would look pretty bad in most cases.

In your case you would have to set them all to 1600x1200 or lower.

This would give you a surround resoulution of only 4800x1200.

The lower resolution on the 1900x1200 monitors might not look good or scale too well.

gb.

I've been using NVIDIA Surround for about a year now and it is great but it can be finicky. My advice to you is use three identical monitors. Your best option is to find two other LP2475's and you'll have no problems.

When you start trying to use Surround with different monitors sometimes it won't work at all, you may get lucky and it will work as long as they have the same native resolution. If they don't have the same resolutions sometimes it will work but it will downgrade the monitors to their next resolution they all have in common and this will look pretty bad.

To get the higher resolution enabled with Surround you'll likely want to connect two of the monitors via the two DVI ports and the third monitor with the Display Port. I've not had much luck with HDMI and Surround.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

hi there...tks to all for the input on this setup..

well yest managed to find the first of lp2475 off ebay and should be on its way today...upon receiving it i plan to go ahead with these two as front monitors and use the 1600x1200 as side window view and see how it goes form there...then decide if the third one is required...will post later...

as a side note and thinking about this...when i go to full screen mode in fsx, how do i control the FSInn fscopilot window when i fly online with vatsim...usually in windowed mode i always have it open however now how would i access it...or else can this be installed on a second pc (say my laptop) in network mode with the main pc.

thanks for any assistance

ea