Sign in to follow this  
flight098

FSX crashes before landing

Hello!

I have the following problem:

Sometimes before landing, fsx crashes. It closes down.

This problem occur with all pmdg planes.

Not at every flight, but often enough to get frustrated....

My pc: AMD 5core with 16GB  RAM, FSX accel., 1GB grafic, enough diskspace..

I heard and read, that pmdg replaces old dll´s ? 

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,,

Thorsten Denkhaus

Sounds like an out of memory error. You run out of virtual addressable space (or something like that). Search OOMs here and you'll find plenty of people have the same problem. Only way around it is to turn down the settings.

Hi Thorsten,

If you are moving towards an OOM, you will also receive repeated aural warning sounds that this is about to occur. Do you remember these?

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

He won't receive any warning if he doesn't use FSUIPC or other tools to monitor VAS usage :wink:

Thorsten, what scenery addons do you use alongside the PMDG addons? Did you check if the crashes also happen with the default aircraft?

Out of memor can not be the problem. With the task manager I see, that only 2GB are used by fsx. Ok it takes a while loading the pmdg.

That is another thing: I think I have enough RAM (16GB) and a new pc but fsx only takes the prox. 2GB of RAM -

is there any configuration error.

I use Active Sky next, one airport scenery, and a vfr scenery - nothing to much I think. I have PMDG JS41 and 737NX.

I just found out, that the same problem occurs with the simple Cessna 172!!!

It is total confusing, although I fly online with Ivao...

Hallo Thorsten,

the short version:

FSX does not make use of your 16GB RAM.

The maximum that it can address (use) is 4GB and this limit is easily exceeded when you are using a lot of photo scenery and add-ons. There are numerous threads regarding this topic. Search for OOM or VAS usage here on AVSim. The task manager is not the proper tool to monitor memory usage. The topic is too complex to reiterate it again in this thread. I encourage you to do some research on the said items.

Possible solution:

Are you using VFR Germany by any chance? If so, de-select it and any other photo scenery that you do not need in the scenery library before flying IFR with the PMDG aircraft. You can re-select them afterwards.

Thanks, I will check for OOM or VAS here in this forum...

Yes, I am using VFR Germany (but only one part) and I will de-select this.

By the way I will check the saved errors within windows error protocoll and report you.

Thanks

Thanks, I will check for OOM or VAS here in this forum...
There is not a lot on this Forum about OOM but quite a few threads in the PMDG 777 Forum.

As I said I looked into the windows error list. One error that occurs often is based on these both files:

uiautomationcore.dll

ntdll.dll

I googled and found out, that these can be the problem. I will take a look and try.

There is a guide hosted on AVSIM which details the possible reasons behind FSX crashes and methods to fix them. I highly recommend it. The FSX configuration guide will also help you to mitigate problems.

Hi folks,

thank you for your help. It seems, that there was unsufficent memony. But I did not get this information.

After I copied the uiautomationcore.dll file into the fsx folder, this altert was signed by windows.

Then I srewed some settings within fsx and now the system runs.

By the way: As I now know that fsx only uses 4GB of RAM; am I right, that I can use the more memory for other programms during fsx flight, e.g. Charts, PFPX,...?!

Thank you very much!!

Greetings

Thorsten

UiAutomation core dll error is a very specific error mode caused by right-clicking on menus. It is easily to replicate and fix if this is indeed an issue. I use FSIUPC to monitor in real time my remaining VAS. That's really the best way to diagnose and remedy an OOM issue. Regards