Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

C441 - No wind noise?

Hi Joe & Co,

I've noticed that although the C441 has the following entry for Wind Noise in the Sound.cfg :-

[WIND_SOUND]
filename=air
flags=0
viewpoint=1
minimum_speed=80.00
maximum_speed=320.00
minimum_volume=4000
maximum_volume=200000
minimum_rate=0.70
maximum_rate=1.80

......the referenced WAV file "air" is not included within the Sound folder.  Hence there is no wind noise.

Thanks,

Craig,

There is a recent email requesting  customers to re-download and check for the installer name - "REV 1.3_DEC7".

I believe there are some sound files that didn't load with the previous installer.

Les Parson

Hi Joe & Co,

I've noticed that although the C441 has the following entry for Wind Noise in the Sound.cfg :-

[WIND_SOUND]
filename=air
flags=0
viewpoint=1
minimum_speed=80.00
maximum_speed=320.00
minimum_volume=4000
maximum_volume=200000
minimum_rate=0.70
maximum_rate=1.80

......the referenced WAV file "air" is not included within the Sound folder.  Hence there is no wind noise.

Thanks,

Hey Craig! We decided to get rid of it, simply because we thought it sounded more realistic without it. Wind noise is so difficult to hear over the engines in the 441 anyways. It isn't like a jet, where most of the cockpit noise is wind noise. Feel free to experiment with it. If you find something you like and you think is accurate, let us know!

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

Hey Craig! We decided to get rid of it, simply because we thought it sounded more realistic without it. Wind noise is so difficult to hear over the engines in the 441 anyways. It isn't like a jet, where most of the cockpit noise is wind noise. Feel free to experiment with it. If you find something you like and you think is accurate, let us know!

Thanks guys, and Joe.  That's cool; it was more wondering whether this was an ommision, or whether it was (as you've confirmed) intended. :smile:

It did seem odd at first as I think almost all other add-ons contain wind noise but actually, that in itself makes them feel a little 'formulaic' and after a few more flights with the C441, I am enjoying the difference of having no wind noise in this model.   With the noise from those Garretts, I'm not at all surprised there's no wind noise in the flight deck!

It's different. And we like different.

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV