Sign in to follow this  
patrico

FMC cargo door

I've yet to be on a flight where the doors were not armed all at once by cabin crew after pushback starts. I've never seen L1, or more likely L2 on a 777, left unarmed just in case.

Different cases where all doors are not armed together. It's not just in case, it just does happen to disarm or operate with unarmed door, according to MEL aircraft can be dispatched with an inoperative slide providing correct pax config. etc, one door could be disarmed after pushback at remote stand for ops, or refuse to arm because of FOD in the brackets, stuck in manual mode. Some refuelling configs with pax onboard require some of the doors armed.

It depends on SOPs, also some companies require doors to be armed before engine start, not before pushback, some allow engine running with opposite doors disarmed.

Yes you can.....but I dont want to......

You can also forget about the gear upon landing in FSX and nobody dies......still I prefer to put it down.
Rob, I know you're a smart guy. I'm sure you know that's not what I mean :P

I think it was Kyle that earlier said that a sim like ours is made of compromises. For me, it's flying without ATC, so I just pretend to hear voices in my head vectoring me around, ordering me what to do... oh no that sounds bad :unsure:

I guess you've found your compromise, too: those dumb doors, hahaha. For us simmers, we all have to find our own compromises :mellow:

(Luckily for you though, you can go do the real thing! :P)

Different cases where all doors are not armed together. It's not just in case, it just does happen to disarm or operate with unarmed door, according to MEL aircraft can be dispatched with an inoperative slide providing correct pax config. etc, one door could be disarmed after pushback at remote stand for ops, or refuse to arm because of FOD in the brackets, stuck in manual mode. Some refuelling configs with pax onboard require some of the doors armed.

It depends on SOPs, also some companies require doors to be armed before engine start, not before pushback, some allow engine running with opposite doors disarmed.

Fair enough, I accept there are exceptions but I still think an all doors armer/disarmed would be more useful. It's all I've ever used on the MD-11. As a passenger I've never seen anything other than all doors armed or all disarmed. With a full cabin crew aboard it's easier to manage that way.

ki9cAAb.jpg