Sign in to follow this  
patrico

FMC cargo door

can anyone please tell me why I cannot open  the FWD or AFT cargo doors on my T7 I am on page 2 of the FMC doors and lsk 1l,2l or 3l do not work

can anyone please tell me why I cannot open  the FWD or AFT cargo doors on my T7 I am on page 2 of the FMC doors and lsk 1l,2l or 3l do not work

Is the aircraft powered?

Kyle Rodgers

Yes Kyle all that is shut down is the engines but I have  the APU on

duh! I have just figured it out, it only works of the F.O. FMC

Yes Kyle all that is shut down is the engines but I have  the APU on

How are you determining that it's not working? Are the lines not toggling between CLOSED and OPEN, or are you looking at the doors and not seeing them open? The doors open extremely slowly, so if you're watching them, you might have to wait a while.

Additionally, if you're parked on a fuel stand at the airport (it'll look like a car gas station out on the ramp), it will usually restrict you from opening doors.

Do you have any other add-ons that might be controlling the doors? PMDG GROUND OPS, etc?

Kyle Rodgers

The doors open extremely slowly, so if you're watching them, you might have to wait a while.

Which is extremely annoying when you're opening them on a bitterly cold, windy Chicago day, or in the rain. Ask me how I know..

Should be working on both FMC's.

It should work on both sides. Next time this happens, ensure your eyepoint isn't in the headrest.

You can move the eyepoint with:

CTRL+ENTER/BACKSPACE

SHIFT+ENTER/BACKSPACE

CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER/BACKSPACE

Sounds like your eyepoint just prevented you from hitting some of the LSKs. You can also test this by trying to click on FMC keys in the VC, and then bringing up the 2D pop-up. If the 2D works, but the VC doesn't, chances are it's the eyepoint.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle, its  not the viewpoint as I  have tried in the 2D pop up. I have lots of ground operations.  FS2rew, GSX and AES so it was one of them but problem solved now...............I think

I guess Paul you are involved with ground operation at O Hare

Should be working on both FMC's.

Actually it should be working in all three CDUs, nothing to do with the FMC.

/pedantry ;)

ki9cAAb.jpg

While we are talking about the doors.....dont you guys feel the default CDU settings of the doors is wrong.

For example if I load the panel state LONG....then the doors are armed (last time I checked).....they should be closed but disarmed though.

Quite bothersome so have to go through the full cycle of possibilities (disarm/open/close I think) before you get the right door status!

Rob Robson

dont you guys feel the default CDU settings of the doors is wrong.

Yes and no. I'm not an FA, and I'm not running an FA sim, so I honestly don't want to bother with it.

One could easily save a copy on their own with the closed-but-not-armed state.

Kyle Rodgers

While we are talking about the doors.....dont you guys feel the default CDU settings of the doors is wrong.

For example if I load the panel state LONG....then the doors are armed (last time I checked).....they should be closed but disarmed though.

Quite bothersome so have to go through the full cycle of possibilities (disarm/open/close I think) before you get the right door status!

True and the same should apply to the SHORT TURN state. As Kyle said you can easily make your own custom state. However disarming the doors creates extra work each flight. You have to arm them all individually before pushback. An all doors arm/disarm control would be great but PMDG support told me they were not able to make one work.

ki9cAAb.jpg

...PMDG support told me they were not able to make one work.

That's too bad. I would love to have it work the same way as in the MD-11. Ah well, first world problems, I guess.

Yes and no. I'm not an FA, and I'm not running an FA sim, so I honestly don't want to bother with it.

One could easily save a copy on their own with the closed-but-not-armed state.

Yeah, great, lots of things I dont want to bother with either....but that does nit make things right.

On the one hand you guys here are running all kinds of addons that simulate ground operations like boarding and pax noise and cargo loading and fuel trucks.....and then when the basic setup that PMDG provides is wrong you dont care and reply with "I am not running an FA sim".??

I usually just start at the take off position with engines running.

I could care less about realistic fuelling and pax.....I dont even care to taxi around.....I dont fly online nor do I use an ATC addon......every addon cost time to understand and setup......time that I often dont have for a sim session!

But that does not mean I would answere someone with "I am not running a fuelling simulator or ramp agent sim, etc" etc.

Anyway the few times I did go through the whole thing.....to see if preflight programming and setup worked as in real life.....I found that the doors were armed with nobody on board (panel state LONG)....rather dangerous in real life!

Ok so I could safe my own panel state but I prefer to not introduce errors which can happen with saving panel states.

(every other first answere to someone with a problem is....."maybe it is your saved panel state")

I dont have a single saved panel state!

I want to know that when I see a hickup in my sim session that it is NOT because of my own doing such saving an erronuous panel state.

So I prefer to use a PMDG "certified" panel state.

cant be too much to ask for a correct LONG panel state I would think.

True and the same should apply to the SHORT TURN state. As Kyle said you can easily make your own custom state. However disarming the doors creates extra work each flight. You have to arm them all individually before pushback. An all doors arm/disarm control would be great but PMDG support told me they were not able to make one work.

Which further supports my feeling about saving panel states!

If PMDG cant make one work correctly.......I can?!

Not worth it for me....I will just start at take off position as allways.

Rob Robson

If PMDG cant make one work correctly.......I can?!

Not worth it for me....I will just start at take off position as allways.

They said they couldn't make an all doors arm control work, just individual door arm controls. An all doors arm/disarm control would be much more realistic. It's a shame they didn't decide to do that and leave the individual door controls as open/close. Arming and disarming a single door isn't that realistic.

I suppose the FSX taxying experience doesn't compare to the real thing. I actually enjoy taxying the sim so I usually start at the gate unless I'm testing something.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Can we all just agree that at least they're not making us move around the plane and arm them manually? You know, the REAL way, by hand?

Fly cargo, and you'll only have to worry about 2 doors..  :Whistle: