Sign in to follow this  
tgarris56

New Carenado Phenom 100 Video on YouTube

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7coNj4lF_to" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attempting to post a link to a new video I recently uploaded to YouTube featuring the Carenado Phenom 100.  I hope this information is useful to the community.

That your video? Just use the direct links (copy+paste from your browser), not the embedded link format. The Avsim forum soft then does the rest. :smile:

Thanks for those videos, Tim. I am thinking about purchasing this plane, so that little tutorial was very interesting B) One thing I noted is that your approach speed was something like 125 knots. I used the Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang in FSX (and would be using it in P3D if there was a suitable version available), and the final approach speed in that plane was down to around 95 knots. Is that not possible in the Phenom? The reason I ask is because I could get the Mustang in and out of some pretty small airfields in FSX, and I am looking for a suitable replacement. This jet is very similar to the Mustang, and I would prefer a jet over a turboprop because they are easier to handle for me! Another big plus is that lovely Garmin G1000.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks much for the feedback. I'm away on a trip at the moment, so I don't have the performance figures in front of me. As I recall, rotation speed was 103 knots with flaps 10. I think I remember you can approach at 95 knots with full flaps or slower depending on weight. I didn't trying to do a short field landing at Jackson Hole, as they had a 6 or 7000 foot runway if memory serves. Just guessing you could probably land and stop in 3,500 feet, however, no spoilers or reverse thrust to help,,, it's all brakes!! Cheers !

Yes, the Mustang is (almost) the same. It has spoilers, but they look about the size of a couple of envelopes! I could get that down and stopped on runways only 2000 feet long with a full flaps approach and an empty cabin, so I am hoping that I would be able to do the same with the Phenom. I guess I will only know if I get it installed on my own PC!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Another big plus is that lovely Garmin G1000.

Christopher, be aware that the Carenado's G1000 is not in the same league as the Mustang's

lovely looking little thing but the systems are not modeled correctly if you enjoy realism.

I'm not too bothered about that, Glynn. It's just nice to have a large terrain map with airport symbols on it! :lol:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I can fly a jet but I couldn't get a video to post on AVSIM?

See, for me, it's the other way around. :lol:

The Mustang is the perfect aircraft for me, but unfortunately it has been issued with a restraining order, preventing it from coming within a hundred miles of P3D. That being the case, I have to (reluctantly) search for an alternative. A real shame, because it was the best $55 that I ever spent.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

That sucks . Probably one of the main reasons I chose the DX10 fixer over P3D

ZORAN

Hi Tim,

New to the forum and I must say how much I enjoy your videos!  Very entertaining, informative and educational.  Looking forward to more. 

Gary,

Houston, TX