Sign in to follow this  
FINXPAS

FSX: Steam Edition for Take-Off on December 18

So tell us a little about what it means to be logged in.  Does that automatically put you in a multiplayer environment?  Do you even have to join in?  Can you just do your own thing and ignore it?  Does it zap resources?  Thanks.

You need to login once, then, even if you start Steam without a connection, it allows you to go to Offline Mode.

you'll get ads for new content

I wouldn't exactly call them "ads" since you can turn them off and they're not exactly intrusive.

it makes since to me, lockheed bought the esp code from microsoft, so thats probably why dovetail cannot make changes to the core product,if all the fsx addons don't work such as pmdg, it really is a waste of money for the steam version.

I wouldn't exactly call them "ads" since you can turn them off and they're not exactly intrusive.

How do you turn them off? I agree though they aren't intrusive They show on the game loading screen and main page that's it. It doesn't interfere with game play in any way.. 

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

How do you turn them off? I agree though they aren't intrusive They show on the game loading screen and main page that's it. It doesn't interfere with game play in any way.. 

Steam -> Settings -> Interface -> Uncheck "Notify me about additions or changes..."

Steam -> Settings -> Interface -> Uncheck "Notify me about additions or changes..."

Thanks, that partially worked, it got rid of the ads on the opening GUI Page but they are still there on the loading page! Not a big deal though!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Thanks, that partially worked, it got rid of the ads on the opening GUI Page but they are still there on the loading page! Not a big deal though!!

What opening "GUI Page"? What "loading page"?

Ads for the week's/weekend's/day's deals only show up after you quit any game, and only once per computer session, unless of course you have them off.

I wonder what off topic subject this thread will go to next?

Maybe the merits of Steam in the gaming community!

... Which wouldn't be off topic any more than the discussion advice is off topic. In other words, the topic IS Steam, so the above is not off topic!

What opening "GUI Page"? What "loading page"?

Ads for the week's/weekend's/day's deals only show up after you quit any game, and only once per computer session, unless of course you have them off.

Ads for new content for TS2015 appear on GUI of the game,  The above option to turn them off worked. They also appear when loading the actual session. Essentially it's just a screenshot slideshow of the latest routes and trains available for purchase on Steam. As I said it's no big deal, 

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

How is discussing the functionality of Steam off topic when this is a thread about FSX Steam Addition? People would naturally be curious about the functionality of the Distribution system of Steam and so on.

:rolleyes:

Matthew Kane

I love the Steam ads.

How is discussing the functionality of Steam off topic when this is a thread about FSX Steam Addition? People would naturally be curious about the functionality of the Distribution system of Steam and so on.

:rolleyes:

Turning off the ads on Steam has nothing to do with FSX being released on Steam on Dec 18.

Does Steam send malware to your computer or is it safe? 

I love the Steam ads.

Turning off the ads on Steam has nothing to do with FSX being released on Steam on Dec 18.

Does Steam send malware to your computer or is it safe? 

Nothing wrong with people who have never used Steam or rarely use it to ask questions about it leading up to a release of FSX on it.

Or another way of looking at this, if Steam or Steam FSX doesn't interest you then stop monitoring this thread. Naturally this is of interest to others...They are just here to ask questions is all.

Cheers

Matthew Kane

Excuse if this info is already posted. This is a quote from another forum. Good news indeed especially if they can come to an agreement with ORBX

Most add-ons will be compatible. http://www.gamer.no/...pa-steam/166200

Quote from Lidia Rumley, who is handling PR for them in Europe (this is her exact quote, not a translation): "There are so many add ons currently available for FSX that we cannot promise that all of them will work. FSX: Steam Edition is installed in a different way to the boxed version and occupies a different location so it is possible that some add-ons may not work, but rest assured that we have made strenuous efforts to make sure as many of them as possible work.  Where add-ons do not work with FSX: Steam Edition, we will try to work with the developer or publisher of the add-on to try to make it compatible in the future."

ZORAN