Sign in to follow this  
Airfighter

Manchester Airport (EGCC - UK) for X-Plane Preview

Description

Manchester Airport is located at Ringway area, 7.5 miles south-west of Manchester's city center. The third busiest airport in UK (after Heathrow and Gatwick) with a total of 20.7 million passengers in 2013. Worldwide Manchester Airport has ranked as 21st busiest for 2013.

Construction started in 1935, opened partially in 1937, and became fully operational June 25, 1938, with a single runway. From 1997 to 2001 a second runway was opened.

Today is one of the top airport in the world in the number of world wide destinations. With 3 terminals (Terminal1, 2, and 3) serves overs 50 airlines and 65 tour operators to 225 destinations around the globe (#1 in UK).

Scenery Development

Development of Manchester Airport for X-Plane begun in June 2014 in collaboration with Aerosoft. For us this is a totally different beast from Mykonos. This a big, complex international airport which required a totally different approach than our previous one. We are pushing X-Plane capabilities to the limit take advantage of the unique features X-Plane offers. Our goal is to develop an airport that sets new, higher standards to native X-Plane scenery development.

Key features

• Highly realistic representation of Manchester's Airport.

• HD textures for all objects.

• “Unlimited” Definition ground textures.

• A living and vibrating environment to represent the feeling of how is to fly to and from in one of the most complex airports.

• Lighting is designed to represent real airport's night enviroment.

• Many more to be... uncovered!

Preview

Here are some previews for you to enjoy! Check back frequently for more!!!

12.jpg13.jpg1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpgairlivery_hangar.jpgthomasCook_hangar.jpgrender_t_1_3.jpgrender_t_1_4.jpgrender_t_1_5.jpgrender04.jpgrender05.jpgrender22.jpgrender23.jpgT1_1_Texture.jpgT1_2_Texture.jpgT1_3_Texture.jpgT1_4_Texture.jpgT1_5_Texture.jpgT1_6_Texture.jpgT1_7_Texture.jpgT1_8_Texture.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have been following this one,  looks great,  fantastic work 

We have (almost) finished the Manchester's Airport new tower, so what about you to have a look?

Bear in mind that these are 100% untouched images from the actual sim (well, except the banner!). Also you can glance at the surroundings, as hint how might look, but it totally unfinished!

Here we go! Enjoy! 

tower01.jpgtower02.jpgtower03.jpgtower04.jpg

Very nice Airfighter, fantastic progress.   Could i be so cheeky and ask weather you might have an "in and around" release date. 

Thanks a lot! I must say that we were targeting Christmas for release, but... we added a lot of things, most still not uncovered, and will take a bit longer. Not much!

Hello!!! After of hard work, we present to you the following images from the texturing process! We hope you like it!

Enjoy!

R1.jpg

R2.jpg

R3.jpg

R4.jpg

R5.jpg

R6.jpg

R7.jpg

R8.jpg

R9.jpg

R10.jpg

To us, except beauty, functionality is one of the elements that we want our sceneries to have. One of the most common problem is airports populated with static aircrafts, the problems who arise when you want to use them in VATSIM or IVAO. Gates already occupied with static aircraft, mixing with your aircraft or traffic etc. For us to deliver such an airport is not something we wanted, so we added a bit extra functionality. Here is a short demo:

The texturing of Manchester train station is almost ready!!! Enjoy the following preview!!! Thanks! (Please ingnore any texturing errors, because the project is still under development)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Hello again with new Manchester preview. The texturing of terminal 2 is ready with HD textures, one of the biggest terminals of the airport! We hope you like it!

Enjoy!

T2-2.jpg

T2-3.jpg

T2-4.jpg

T2-5.jpg

T2-6.jpg

T2-7.jpg

T2-9.jpg

T2-10.jpg

T2-12.jpg

T2-14.jpg

While testing few things in Manchester Airport, I decided to capture a small video during approach. Have a look!

i think the video quality doesn't really showcase how good this scenery is. 

i think the video quality doesn't really showcase how good this scenery is. 

I totally agree with you... I must learn how to create hi quality videos! It was something on the fly and I didn't put the effort I should put.  Next time will be better!

I have changed the video above to something that is slight better.

Thanks jcomm!

To give you a better view of how it looks (the video suffers from quality due to conversion from 1440x900 to 1280x720) here is an unedited view of the ground on a heavily compressed jpg.

Enjoy!

ground_closeup.jpg