Sign in to follow this  
daan_vb

UK2000 London City AI

Does anyone else's AI traffic not taxi to the threshold of Runway 27 properly. Mine cut across the grass to taxi to the loop around taxiway. I've been playing around with this all afternoon and unless the AFCAD is faulty (the latest from the UK2000 website) then I have no idea why they keep doing this.... 

The AFCAD looks fine, checked in ADE and I have no other EGLC afcads. They follow all the other taxiways fine but as soon as they get to the hold of runway 27 where they have to taxi along the runway to get to the loop, just before they get to the where they have to taxi along the runway, they turn onto the grass and cut diagonally along it, getting back onto the runway about half way down....

Any idea's?

WAT1036.png

That does not happen in my version of UK2000 London City Xtreme. Have you tried reinstalling the airport?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply,

I've just tried this and unfortunately it didn't help. Does your AI pushback into the terminal building too? And park nose facing the terminal or do they swing round like in real life?

WAT1036.png

They should park facing away from the terminal. If they do not, then something is wrong with your AFD file. Are you absolutely sure that you do not have another EGLC AFD file anywhere?

EDIT: I have started a thread about this on the UK2000 forum (I am a UK2000 beta tester). Please feel free to join in the discussion with any information that you may think is useful.

http://www.uk2000scenery.org/forum/index.php?topic=7970.0

Can I just confirm that you are using UK2000 London City Xtreme?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks very much for that Chris! I did register on the forums today but still waiting to hear back for approval...

They don't park facing away and they push back into the terminal. They do seem to follow certain taxi ways perfectly, for example there is a slight offest in front of the tower that they follow, so it does make me wonder what's going on!

I am almost certain there isn't another AFD file anywhere. I have done a search in my FSX folder (and used a scenery scanner) and the only references to EGLC is for UK2000 and one file for ORBX Vector. (disabling this makes some buildings appear in the water, but still this didn't fix the issue)

I am using UK2000 London City Xtreme with Aersoft VFR London. I have ensured that the London City airport that came with that isn't installed and all references removed.

I have tried disabling VFR London too but that didn't help.

I have also configured UK2000 to use the Aerosoft VFR photo scenery.

Thanks for the help

WAT1036.png

If they park facing the terminal, how do they push back into the terminal?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Chris,

I'm using a mix of UT2 and WOAI models but these are controlled via VoxATC. In case you are not familiar with VoxATC, it has its own indexer that scans the FSX directory for AFD files and AI aircraft and a UT2 bridge so it can use UT2 models. I have run these multiple times when making any changes so I know its not that. 

Regarding the AI pushback, on initial start up of FSX the aircraft are parked the rightway, nose facing the runway and these are then pushed into the terminal buildings but landing aircraft park nose facing the terminal building. I'm not sure how they pushback I haven't watched long enough yet.

Many Thanks

Dan

WAT1036.png

The above information has been passed on to the resident AFD file expert at UK2000, Dan. I will keep you informed.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Dan,

Norman thinks that it is almost certainly an AFD problem. He is not very familiar with VoxATC, so perhaps you could ask others who use this software if it can handle "straight through" parking or the "plumbing system" with respect to AFD files? "Straight through parking" is where the AI plane enters the parking spot via a different pathway from when it leaves the parking spot. The "plumbing system" is when AI planes have separate pathways to and from the runways (to minimise conflicts).

EDIT: On a side note, do you have access to the UK2000 forum yet? You need to use your full name as a username. If you let me know your signup username over there, I can ask Gary to get you cleared for landing :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Chris,

I've just been doing some more tests with this and tested without using Voxatc and just using the default UT2 traffic and it works fine! The AI don't push into the terminal and taxi to the holding point as expected so something strange is going on with VoxATC's control over the AI. I've contacted the developer of Vox so i'll see what he says about it. Thanks again for your help with this.

PS I'll check my sign up details. Thanks

WAT1036.png

Hi Chris,

I've just been doing some more tests with this and tested without using Voxatc and just using the default UT2 traffic and it works fine! The AI don't push into the terminal and taxi to the holding point as expected so something strange is going on with VoxATC's control over the AI. I've contacted the developer of Vox so i'll see what he says about it. Thanks again for your help with this.

PS I'll check my sign up details. Thanks

Please let us know when VoxATC answer you.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Thanks for the update, Dan. I will let Norman know on the UK2000 forum.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png