Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

Something is coming ... something with an HD and a v3 in it ...

Wonder shots and really looking forward to trying this out.

Thanks again for all the work you do for the community :smile:

Will the new mesh be compatible with simheaven photoreal? Will it be just a matter of replacing the mesh file? I don't think that easy judging by the huge size of V3 packs.

Awesome work btw, some shots are really impressive.

Will the new mesh be compatible with simheaven photoreal? Will it be just a matter of replacing the mesh file? I don't think that easy reading the huge size of V3 packs.

Nope ... it was never that simple. SImHeaven will need to - and yes, hw will (we talked about it) - re-cut the V3 DSFs to accommodate the phototextures.

The HD Mesh Scenery v3 on its own has no references to photo-textures but to the default/generic textures ... this has to be algorithmically changed! Also, the mesh structure needs some geometric re-cutting (to have rectangular patches). I wrote about this re-cutting (with some pictures showing the mesh difference) in an old post here:

Great.

I've read the old topic and I got the impression we won't have to download textures again but rather only the updated meshes like the pack we got for V2.

Hi Andras,

I made ZL18 scenery for Ireland/UK, big scenery as you can imagine but to save on disc space I deleted the downloaded .jpg files from the G2xpl_cache as I went along. So I am working from the default mesh. However I still, naturally, have the .dds texture files in the package itself in Custom Scenery. Can these be used to re-cut the .dsf's? If so, how might that be done?

Hi Andras,

I made ZL18 scenery for Ireland/UK, big scenery as you can imagine but to save on disc space I deleted the downloaded .jpg files from the G2xpl_cache as I went along. So I am working from the default mesh. However I still, naturally, have the .dds texture files in the package itself in Custom Scenery. Can these be used to re-cut the .dsf's? If so, how might that be done?

As I have never used g2xpl, I can not tell you how to do that ... I can only say - from what I have read from SimHeaven - that it is doable. You should really contact the guy from Simheaven, as he will definitely be able to tell you how it can be done.

There is a V3?  I thought you did it with V2 already!  Thank you for all your hard works.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

alpilotx, thank you for your excellent work. GA flying in my native country (Iceland) is very immersive now, thanks to you. I'm using V2 and looking forward to V3

Torfi

Although I have a super fast computer, my internet speeds are terribly slow, so I hope a set of DVDs will be available for those of us who cannot download such massive amounts of data in real time.

Although I have a super fast computer, my internet speeds are terribly slow, so I hope a set of DVDs will be available for those of us who cannot download such massive amounts of data in real time.

http://www.fspilotshop.com/ had this offer for HD Mesh Scenery v2 ... and its possible that they will do the same (with a few weeks or a month difference) for V3. But its entirely their decision as it is their service (and you only pay for their service ... the content still remains freeware / donationware).

Yes, thanks, I did get the v2 from them on DVDs.  And the entire XP community appreciates your work !

We are now talking about only a few hours (not days) ... stay tuned!

IMPORTANT: if you know BitTorrent, then dust it off (as it will be the better option in the coming days, when direct downloads are being overwhelmed) as flightsim.com will have a seed (backed by ISDG torrents up-andrunning)!

If you do not know, BitTorrent, then I can highly recommend you start learning it now! Flightsim.com has a nice, short summary on it here: http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?14659-FlightSim-Com-Adds-Torrent-Support

Andras,

Oh man waiting waiting .

Almost ready to click on BC

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus