Sign in to follow this  
rservice

Scenery .cfg error

I'm now getting a scenery.cfg   file error.

Invalid remote scenery path in scenery area 115.

Click OK to continue.

Is there an easy way to fix this?

Any help appreciated.

Ron

Ron Service

How you got Scenery Config Editor installed?  If so launch it and scroll down to scenery (priority) 115.  Check to see what the path is for that scenery and then check to see if that scenery actually exists on your computer; IE open up the folder listed as 115 to see if it is actually there. 

Given the error type it appears that you scenery is no in FSX addon scenery folder but may be on another drive.  Is that drive turned on?

Or if you don't have scenery config editor just go to

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX where your scenery.cfg is located and open that file with notepad and scroll down to #115 and get the same info on file path and then go to see if if exists.

If that scenery has been deleted in your database but the entry is still in your scenery.cfg they you can delete the entry in your scenery.cfg file and save.

Basically your data is missing or the pointer to the actual scenery is wrong and needs to be corrected.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Delete the scenery.cfg file and FSX will rebuilt it the next time you start the sim.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Seems this Area 115 is a common problem.

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&gws_rd=ssl#hl=en&q=Area.115+not+found&aq=f

If you want to post your scenery.cfg I can fix it for you or you can download one of the scenery.cfg editors and fix it yourself.

If your running FSX with Acceleration then 115 can be the Reno area which you can manually add back in to the 115 spot, or it can be the Addon Scenery folder of your not running Acceleration.

Before you go and delete it, post it here so we can see it and maybe fix it for you. If you delete it and FSX rebuilds it then you will have to manually add all your addon sceneries back into it, so save the original first. I recommend you post it here first before doing anything.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thanks to everyone for their replies. It appears some scenery was moved during the attempted installation of Earth simulations scenery for Isle of Man and Guernsey, which is currently not working correctly and I'm awaiting a reply from ES tech support. I'm debating whether to uninstall their scenery using ES software or repair the scenery with fsx discs.

The area in question was moved to a backup folder created by ES software.

I'm open to suggestions as to what sequence of steps I should use to correct this problem.

I would really like to get the ES scenery working, since it looks awesome! I have not heard back from ES support yet, but I guess they are busy after the sales. In the meantime, anyone who has installed this scenery can perhaps advise me on the best course of action.

Ron

One thing I forgot to mention, during the ES installation, I get a message: Root element is missing.

I mentioned this to ES tech support but haven't heard back yet.

Ron

Ron Service

You cannot delete your scenery.cfg as suggested above (I'm sure you knew that). It will not be rebuilt. There's a "dummy" copy of your scenery.cfg in the same folder as where fsx.cfg is located. You cannot delete it but you can copy it and put it in the folder where your scenery.cfg is located. At least you will have your basic scenery.cfg back and working. You can then start adding your scenery via the Scenery Library or, even better, I suggest using the freeware utility, SceneryConfigEditor (Google). A lot of addon scenery installations place the scenery in the Addon_Scenery but not sure if Earth Simulations does this. Sometimes the scenery is not identified correctly in that folder. I do not recommend that and instead recommend you make up a new folder called Isle_of_Man. Under that place a sub-folder called Scenery and, if there are Textures, also make a sub-folder under Isle_of_Man called Textures. Then place the *.bgl files in the Scenery folder and the .dds files in the texture folder. Now, using the Scenery Library, click on Add and go to the Isle_of_Man folder and add it to your Scenery Library.

One thing I forgot to mention, during the ES installation, I get a message: Root element is missing.

This probably indicates the installation was unsuccessful and I would remove any ES directory, use a registry cleaner, then reinstall but make sure you right click the installation and select Run as Administrator.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

You cannot delete your scenery.cfg as suggested above (I'm sure you knew that). It will not be rebuilt.

-SNIP-

Best regards,

Not sure where you got this info from but one CAN delete the scenery.cfg file (assuming UAC doesn't try to save you from yourself!) and it WILL be rebuilt with just the default scenery areas when you start FSX.

If one saved a copy of the 'defective' cfg file, the jusgicial use of a test editor would allow the 're-installation' of addon scenery areas from the saved copy. Granted, one need to be/should be an 'advanced user' to do this succesfully but it is possible. ( I have a half dozen scenery.cfg files tailored for different areas that I 'swap in and out' all the time.

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Not sure where you got this info from but one CAN delete the scenery.cfg file (assuming UAC doesn't try to save you from yourself!) and it WILL be rebuilt with just the default scenery areas when you start FSX.

You are correct. Thanks for this. Perhaps that's why they have the non-working scenery.cfg in the same folder as the fsx.cfg. I learn new things every day and that's a good thing.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

-SNIP-

I learn new things every day and that's a good thing.

Best regards,

As do I.  :)  I'm currently working through moving all my scenery, OrbX and Addon, to my new 500 GB SSD and also getting ready to install P3D.

I needed to create another user account for flying P3D as I fly the A2A aircraft mostly. They (A2A0 keep the DAT files...airframe and engine hours and aircraft state, in a folder in My Documents.

If I fly an A2A aircraft in P3D, the DAT file from that flight overwrites the DAT file from an FSX flight.

The only way to keep those seperate is to create a 3nd account.

I 'learned' how to 'clone' my existing account to an new user account with another name. Then I

also learned how to move the files that are written often from the OS drive (SSD) to one of my hard drives....My Documents, Desktop, My Videos, etc. As of late this afternoon I had everything set up

and can proceed with my P3D install once I get done with some other tasks and some flying :)

Paul

Wide-5.jpg