Sign in to follow this  
Robau777

Setting up Default Departure

I normally have been starting with the trike since I've been running the plane. And I start

from a small airport, then load the NGX, then choose the departure airport.

I figured I would have problems if I tried starting the flight with the NGX as that has been the

rumor on the forum.

But... I actually found doing that would work just fine. I discovered this when doing a paint job,

and getting tired of going through the double load process every time I fired the sim up.

If I set the NGX as the startup plane, and load a panel state to set it how I wanted, which was

ready to fly in that case, it worked just fine. So it should be able to be done.

What mine will never do, is change from one NGX plane to another, even if a different model,

say from the 700 to the 800. That has never worked on my sim. When it loads the different

plane, it's half kaput with some VC textures missing, etc.

If I remember right, it won't even let me do it if I go from the NGX to a default plane, and then

back to the different model NGX. Never seems to work. I have to choose one version and stick

with it for the duration of the sim session. If I want to change, I have to shut down and start over.

But I still start with the trike for normal use, because it lets me choose which NGX plane I want to

fly, which varies. If I set it to start with the NGX, I'm stuck with that particular plane.

There's no advantage in making a complex aircraft like the NGX the default flight and a few disadvantages and uncertainties.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I could see it if one ran only one plane every flight. But I run several different planes so

it's not practical. But I had zero problems when I did do it. So noticed no uncertainties in

doing so. The only disadvantage was being stuck with that particular plane, and not being able to switch. I suppose one could rig up batch files to load different flights with certain planes, so you could pick the plane before firing up FSX.  I did that when doing sound testing and switching between the various models. I also load a few sound files that way, as I use different volume level files depending on the 737 model.  IE: nose gear ground roll sound for one.. I have bat file shortcuts for those on my desktop.