Sign in to follow this  

Any news on P3D V2.5?

Good for you, but I'm not fine with 2.4. I want to have both terrain and cloud shadows on, a transparent ATC window that was promised since 1.3, the issues with some Orbx textures fixed and the vertical clouds gone.

I was more referring to 64-bit development and not any bugs in the current product. I am fine, for the most part, with the current offering though.

Good for you, but I'm not fine with 2.4. I want to have both terrain and cloud shadows on, a transparent ATC window that was promised since 1.3, the issues with some Orbx textures fixed and the vertical clouds gone.

I don't think you have to worry about ver 1.5. We are all to quick to forget that we are not the main target market for Prepar3D. Their are a lot of companies paying a hell of a lot more money for their Professional and specialized Prepar3D programs than we do. These programs use the same core coding that we are lucky enough to enjoy. The guys at LM are really "Rocket Scientist" LOL! and they are not going to blow up multi million dollar contracts over minor program issues. The beauty of all this is that we get to enjoy benefits of top notch programing for a fraction of the cost others pay for professional use.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

+1 Lots of major errors still requiring fixing including R6025 runtime errors and CTD when not using tessellation, vertical spinning clouds, oversize autogen, broken terrain-shadowing, no water movement or texture above 1000ft.

All of this should have been picked up in beta-testing many months ago.

Great game but still with annoying issues.

Looking forward to all the fixes in V2.5!

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Really surprised no one mentioned proper SLI support. Microstutters still exist, and it really takes away from an immersive sim experience..

Really surprised no one mentioned proper SLI support. Microstutters still exist, and it really takes away from an immersive sim experience..

LM has already said that they did everything they could to make Prepar3d v2 SLI ready. Now it's up to NVIDIA to provide a SLI profile for Prepar3d. Which in my opinion they will never do...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I held off jumping in until 2.4. Some things I like, some I don't. Addon Clouds and water I think actually look better in FSX. That's a lot of territory so I'm not ready to dump X. 2.4 also has a more saturated, gamey look to it. Would like to be able to tone it down a bit. On the plus side I love the cloud shadows and object shadows, and it seems to run smoother than X. I think 2.5 could be a stellar sim.

2.4 also has a more saturated, gamey look to it.

That could be due to HDR lighting. I have that switched off.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Looks like at long last the rotating/vertical cloud issue has been resolved - that was the one biggy for me that was ruining immersion, now that is seemingly resolved I can rest easy and enjoy my Christmas :) 

Next on my list would be improved VC shadows - too jagged and wobbly at present - I assume this is down to the sketchy AA support. If that could be addressed then my flight simming would finally be distraction free (other than the wife calling me every 10 mins to put the bins out etc.)

Darren Morris

Where have you got the idea that the rotating clouds issue has been resolved? As far as I am aware, that is still an issue....together with vertical clouds and vertical jet contrails.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Looks like at long last the rotating/vertical cloud issue has been resolved - that was the one biggy for me that was ruining immersion

If you don't mind losing your cloud shadows, then yes, it helps a bit.

But using the 2.2 shader means no cloud shadow at all, which is a too great sacrifice in my opinion...

But using the 2.2 shader means no cloud shadow at all, which is a too great sacrifice in my opinion...

Actually Rob Ainscough posted a special Cloud.fx file for 2.4 that fixes the vertical clouds. Grab it from here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/457324-solution-to-p3d-v24-and-v23-vertical-cloud-issue/page-2#entry3131700

In my opinion though, this is one more reason for 2.5 to happen, so that we don't have to look for hotfixes all over the place for issues like this.

If you actually went to the linked post you would see it's not the 2.2 shader but a patched 2.4 shader direct from LM.

Either fix the vsync issue with microstutters or allow a true full screen mode so that 1/2 refresh rate works at the driver level. This is crucial in my mind before I can ever really consider ditching FSX totally.

Other than this, P3D is head and shoulders above FSX now in its current form.

Vertical contrails

Invisible strobe and navigation lights on AI planes

Water (hopefully REX can do something about this)

Opaque ATC window

These are the issues that I would like to see resolved in version 2.5

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png