Sign in to follow this  

Any news on P3D V2.5?

I think posts on some of the 3PD sites (Orbx etc) were alluding 2.5 as well...

I was hoping that someone in the know might spill some beans in this thread but nothing.

Who might that be?

I agree on the bridge issue ... it has me perplexed because custom bridges don't have the problem ... which means there is a solution that doesn't require LM.  I'm almost certain that those bridges can be replaced with corrected ones ... a scenery/autogen expert could probably chime in here.

Beau had indicated it's a precision problem, so that tells me the Bridges use some other rendering method/process.  But it's not "all" bridges, there are some bridges that work fine.

Cheers, Rob.

Who might that be?

I don't know Rob, Do you have any ideas? :LMAO:

I have a question about clipping from inside the VC on a certain plane that won't be mentioned here because it isn't suppose to work.   Other aircraft do it too but not as bad.   When I am sitting at a gate and I look at the Captain's window at the jetway attached to my plane and it clips really bad.   It's like the camera view point is set visually one way but the calculations are bigger to the point of clipping through the 3D objects.   It's kind of annoying.  This clipping never happened in any aircraft in FSX.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I have a question about clipping from inside the VC on a certain plane that won't be mentioned here because it isn't suppose to work.   Other aircraft do it too but not as bad.   When I am sitting at a gate and I look at the Captain's window at the jetway attached to my plane and it clips really bad.   It's like the camera view point is set visually one way but the calculations are bigger to the point of clipping through the 3D objects.   It's kind of annoying.  This clipping never happened in any aircraft in FSX.

Does that help?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/topic/solution-scenery-bleed-through-while-in-vc-especially-while-flying-helicopter/

God bless you and the next 500 generations of your family!   This was exactly it.   Why would LM NOT put this in there themselves?  I wonder if this will also fix the issue I have with GSX where the wing walker will not animate when he's close to the plane, he just moon walks until he gets to a certain distance from the plane or I am looking right at him.   I'll have to find out on tomorrow's flight from KABQ to KSEA.   Thank you for this tip.  It was driving me crazy clipping through the jetways in the VC.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Who might that be?

I agree on the bridge issue ... it has me perplexed because custom bridges don't have the problem ... which means there is a solution that doesn't require LM.  I'm almost certain that those bridges can be replaced with corrected ones ... a scenery/autogen expert could probably chime in here.

Beau had indicated it's a precision problem, so that tells me the Bridges use some other rendering method/process.  But it's not "all" bridges, there are some bridges that work fine.

Cheers, Rob.

And to think that I came to this thread just to say this: "This thread is worthless without a response from Rob Ainscough". HAHAHA 

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Why would LM NOT put this in there themselves?

Not trying to rain on the parade ... and if this entry works for you folks that's great.  But I don't have EZDOK and I don't have that ClipMode=Minimum in my Cameras.cfg and I don't experience any below aircraft clipping (and I do use Heli - MilViz MD530).  So I think the real source of the issue is yet to be discovered.

These are the values (per SDK) for ClipMode (string)

Normal  (default value if not specified)

Minimum

Spot

Tower

A lot of 3rd party products modify the Camera.cfg.

Cheers, Rob.

God bless you and the next 500 generations of your family!   This was exactly it.   Why would LM NOT put this in there themselves?  I wonder if this will also fix the issue I have with GSX where the wing walker will not animate when he's close to the plane, he just moon walks until he gets to a certain distance from the plane or I am looking right at him.   I'll have to find out on tomorrow's flight from KABQ to KSEA.   Thank you for this tip.  It was driving me crazy clipping through the jetways in the VC.

Bless the guy who found the tweak in that thread as well, that issue was driving me crazy until I randomly saw that thread and finally managed to fix it. Agreed that there is no reason it shouldn't exist in there by default.

Not trying to rain on the parade ... and if this entry works for you folks that's great.  But I don't have EZDOK and I don't have that ClipMode=Minimum in my Cameras.cfg and I don't experience any below aircraft clipping (and I do use Heli - MilViz MD530).  So I think the real source of the issue is yet to be discovered.

Default Prepar3D without any add-ons as well doesn't have the ClipMode=Minimum entry in the Cameras.cfg.

OK, Let me be blunt. Rob when is P3D V2.5 going to be released? :lol:

OK, Let me be blunt. Rob when is P3D V2.5 going to be released? :lol:

I'd be happy to know if 2.5 is actually in the works and they're not going straight to 3.0.  :smile2:

Prepar3d.com is down!

Their uploading V2.5 as we speak!

Santa came early..... Yeaaaaaa!!!

:LMAO:

They are sticking it to DTG! :LMAO:

When did LM promise to have v2.5 for this year? I only recall plans for v2.4 being delivered before the end of the year.

I'm pretty happy with P3D as it is. Compared to the tweak/crash-fest that was FSX,  P3d is a slice of heaven on virtual earth.

Happy Holidays, everyone,

Jazz.

my .02c

Default Prepar3D without any add-ons as well doesn't have the ClipMode=Minimum entry in the Cameras.cfg.

My guess (wild) for why it isn't included in VC cam, is to prevent the clouds from coming into the cockpit. But with 'minimum' it is still on the safe side, until your flying a real big cockpit maybe :lol: