Sign in to follow this  

Any news on P3D V2.5?

I remember reading some time back that we would see v2.5 before the end of the year.

Well its only 3 weeks to go before the end of the year and there is no mention about 2.5

Not that I am complaining because I am very happy with it the way its is. I can live with the

glaring problems because I know its being developed.

I am hoping for an end to rotating clouds and water reflections being way out of position

being fixed in 2.5 and I still see wind socks sticking straight out.

Looking forward to doing a complete reinstall since I just through my addons into 2.4

Its starting to look like it need some cleaning up:-) Hopefully I'll get 2.5 before I feel

impelled to do a complete reinstall for my quite months of January and february.

Hopefully I will have an NGX too so I can learn something that I am interested in

over my winter break.

My feelings are exactly like yours Dave. I have not heard anything else than what you have stated about the end of the year.

I don't even look forward really to simming at the moment because of the spinning and paper thin clouds. I would be a VERY happy camper if they can tackle that by end of year. My in-laws little nefew was at my house checking out my sim and he can barely read but he asked me why the clouds are thin and spinning :o  :lol: ....It is very very noticeable.

I also will be doing a full install when 2.5 gets released because I pathced up to 2.4.

Cross your fingers for a good Christmas present....Cheers

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

I wouldn't be surprised if we never see a v2.5. There were still issues with v1.4 when it was abandoned, and my guess is that they now work on v3. Several developers have allready spoken about v3, and a vague mention of 64 bit in the P3D forums would indicate that focus is elsewhere.

That said, I have never had such a great experience in a simulator as in v2.4. On my very modest computer with an i7 2700K and GTX580 it runs very good. I have max autogen, some shadows and water reflections, lots of AI traffic (aircraft, airport vehicles, cars, ships etc) waves on the ocean etc. and still rarely see VAS usage above 3GB, even in ORBX regions. The only thing that bugs me is texture loading in mountainous areas. With 10m mesh installed you can see the textures loading all over the place. And yes, the flat clouds are annoying.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I agree that P3D 2.4 is a good SIM, but I would be a bit angry if it was left unfinished.

I had already purchased version 1.4, then abandoned. Now 2.4 ... then? The 3.0? And also that will be abandoned to 3.4?

I had already purchased version 1.4, then abandoned. Now 2.4 ... then? The 3.0? And also that will be abandoned to 3.4?

That's capitalism for you !  B)

I would be surprised if we don't see a version 2.5. I don't think that 64bit version 3 is going to be available for quite some time...

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Software these days is a frustrating usability experience. Patching and upgrading phones, tablets and PCs is a never ending chore. On the other hand, plenty of software developers don't care about bugs and never fix things up, certainly something seen among many addon developers, so when having to choose between two evils, I'm happy that we're at v2.4. I wouldn't have dreamt of it the day I installed v1.1 on my computer.

It would be a horror if 2.5 isn't in the works and they're moving straight to 3.0. The terrain shadows are still not fixed, the vertical clouds are annoying as heck, there are some Orbx-related bugs, the Vehicle Selection screen needs some revisiting to prevent OOMs, and I'm still waiting for the transparent ATC window. And in general, I think there's still a lot that can be done in 2.x in terms of eye candy and optimisation.

I think that many don't realise 64-bit will break all add-ons and that we will have to start over, and considering the amount of FSX add-ons since that platform has existed for so long without a true replacement, it will be a very slow migration progress. Wouldn't it be best if Lockheed Martin made 2.x as good as it can be before they overhaul the engine? 64-bit is in their roadmap and apparently they're working on it, it will come eventually.

It would be a horror if 2.5 isn't in the works and they're moving straight to 3.0. The terrain shadows are still not fixed, the vertical clouds are annoying as heck, there are some Orbx-related bugs, the Vehicle Selection screen needs some revisiting to prevent OOMs, and I'm still waiting for the transparent ATC window. And in general, I think there's still a lot that can be done in 2.x in terms of eye candy and optimisation.

I think that many don't realise 64-bit will break all add-ons and that we will have to start over, and considering the amount of FSX add-ons since that platform has existed for so long without a true replacement, it will be a very slow migration progress. Wouldn't it be best if Lockheed Martin made 2.x as good as it can be before they overhaul the engine? 64-bit is in their roadmap and apparently they're working on it, it will come eventually.

standing ovation for this topic, it is perfect.

Sure would be nice with a 2.5 version, but I'm not too optimistic.

As for legacy addons I couldn't care less that I have to start all over again. As long as I get a better and more immersive sim I'll gladly pay for it.

I LOVE P3D 2.4.

Have Fsx running as well but it can crash anytime.

P3D is far more stable for me and anything extra will

be nice but it serves me well at the moment for what I need-practicing my landings!

Jay

Im pretty sure their not going to skip to 3.0. They must be almost ready to test a 2.5.

Maybe we can get someone that was a beta tester to touch on this for us. 

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

So what? That's the price of advancement. I'm perfectly fine flying 2.4 while waiting for 64-bit addons to be released.

I wouldn't be surprised if we never see a v2.5. There were still issues with v1.4 when it was abandoned, and my guess is that they now work on v3. Several developers have allready spoken about v3, and a vague mention of 64 bit in the P3D forums would indicate that focus is elsewhere.

That said, I have never had such a great experience in a simulator as in v2.4. On my very modest computer with an i7 2700K and GTX580 it runs very good. I have max autogen, some shadows and water reflections, lots of AI traffic (aircraft, airport vehicles, cars, ships etc) waves on the ocean etc. and still rarely see VAS usage above 3GB, even in ORBX regions. The only thing that bugs me is texture loading in mountainous areas. With 10m mesh installed you can see the textures loading all over the place. And yes, the flat clouds are annoying.

Your computer is no where modest. That 2700K is super.. there's not much of a difference to the newer chips.

So what? That's the price of advancement. I'm perfectly fine flying 2.4 while waiting for 64-bit addons to be released.

Good for you, but I'm not fine with 2.4. I want to have both terrain and cloud shadows on, a transparent ATC window that was promised since 1.3, the issues with some Orbx textures fixed and the vertical clouds gone.