Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

C441 Weather Radar

Greetings, 

PMDG and Hi Fi Technologies (Active Sky Next) have partnered for weather radar on the PMDG B777.

Might it be possible for a similar arrangement to replace the C441 inop Bendix unit? 

Below is an excerpt from PMDG describing the unit for their B777: 

"Weather Radar - included free as part of the SP1 update, the 777 is the first PMDG product to feature a working simulation of the Collins WXR-2100 weather radar. In conjunction with the Active Sky Next weather engine addon, the radar depicts actual precipitation returns (not clouds!) and gives you full control over tilt, gain and radar mode including turbulence and windshear detection."

Les Parson

Hey Les,

That would require a lot of attention from both companies with a happy "in between" or compromise. Flysimware is a small company that is growing rapidly with this magnificent product. I'm not saying anything it's not possible however, Flysimware has a lot to focus on right now within their own company. Especially because they are working on another Garret-powered wonder, on top of a release they are continuing to work on.

Who knows what the future will hold, however a joint-partnership with HiFi seems doubtful for the time being, seeing as only PMDG has those rights right now.

Enjoy the 441! 

I understand and have considered your same points as I did have a brief opportunity to discuss the topic with the developers.  I just wanted to put the issue on the table for future focus.

I have no interest in a Weather Radar that is tied to a specific Weater engine.   What if a new Weather Engine comes along that we all love and move to ...... and our 'ASN tied' radars no longer work... ?

I'd much rather a weather engine that, albeit perhaps more basic, works with standard sim parameters and doesn't require a specific 3rd party weather engine.

If Flysimware did not model one I would rather have an option to install another premium weather radar like the RealityXP Wx500 unit that would work with all weather in the simulator.

Mike

Hi everyone,

We are carefully weighing our options for installing a working weather radar. After all, you cannot take advantage of a true all-weather cross country aircraft like this without a functioning tactical weather radar onboard.

We have a few different options, and we will most certainly keep you all in the loop, as we always have!

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV