Sign in to follow this  
raymar

2014 Carenado Christmas Sale is on - Dec 9 - Dec 21

I'm looking at the Carenado C377 for FSX.  Can anyone who owns it comment on the systems depth, FDE, and overall realism. As real and complex as it gets is of great interest to me. Great if there are consequences for bad behavior such as A2A provides. I always stick with the A2A's, PMDG's, Coolsky's etc..... of the world.  I've never bought a Carenado product for fear of disappointment. Any insight into the C377 will be helpful. Thanks.

Cheers,

Brian

It's nothing like A2A realism unfortunately Brian - it's a Carenado.    So there are no consequences, and as always systems are based entirely around default FSX functionality.    Saying that;   it's a blast to fly (good FDE), has great sounds, one of the best VC's Carenado have done, and really different (being a 'push/pull twin').

I'd say it's well worth the discounted price, but if you expect anything beyond a Carenado level of offering, you'll be disappointed.

It is one of Carenado's best efforts.

If you happen to have an RXP GNS530, it goes really well with the 337..

If you do get the plane, send me a PM for some minor fixes..

Bert

I'm considering the C340.  The fact that you can turn off the 3D knobs should allow me to place a GTN in the VC.  I have most of the other older releases that I could already want for.

What I'm hoping for is an Alabeo sale, as there's a few things from their older stable that I'd like to add to my fleet.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

The Carenado 340 is greatly underrated IMHO.   It's a lovely twin with a great VC, decent FDE and IMHO a lot more character than a Seneca.

I'd urge people to read the reviews and forums on the aircraft you're looking at getting before buying.  Some of them are gems but some are...umm...not.

Gregg

The F33 is a good plane, It flys a lot like the real one. I picked up the commander 114 and its a very nice plane too!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Yes, the 340. Great VC. Pity that the painters have not found it. There is a minor fde update and a realityxp retrofit available.

The F33 is a good plane, It flys a lot like the real one.

The F33 is actually my favorite Carenado plane, followed closely by the C185 Bush package.  For quite sometime, the F33 was my highest hours, go-to plane in the sim.  It's been surpassed by other stuff in the last year or so, as I'll tend to fly A2A releases instead of the F33, but I do still enjoy taking it out for a flight now and then.

These days, the Carenado release that I fly the most is more likely the C185 Bush.  I find it has a lot of character to it, it flies nicely, and the cockpit textures, while older, have a certain aged feel that feels 'right'.  Plus, there's not an over abundance of bush planes to compete for my attention, as there is for regular GA.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I'll be getting the F33 for sure.  The review of the Baron wasn't exactly stellar so I'm looking more toward the C340.  What doesn't work in that plane?

If you happen to have an RXP GNS530, it goes really well with the 337..

If you do get the plane, send me a PM for some minor fixes..

Hey Bert,

What do they fix?  I have a flooding fix but it keeps uninstalling my RXP 530.  I can either fly online without the GNS or fly offline with it...ugh.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Since their older aircraft have a 70% discount, I decided to get the M20J (if the aircraft list is chronological then it's their first FSX release), and for the price I am very satisfied. It feels somewhat outdated even compared to the default Mooney Bravo (as far as I know it was one of the FS2004 models that were ported onto FSX), but it's not a bad aircraft at all. It flies well, the HD repaint by Orbx gives it a whole new look and feel, and very surprisingly it works without a hitch in Prepar3D 2.4. I'll probably replace the sounds though because the looping artifacts are very distracting.

Where's Devon (HiFlyer)? I know he was real keen on getting some Carenado love when they went on sale...

Look... I'm just a lowly Niner, but I've been contemplating a choice between the V35 or F33 Bonanza, and the CT210 Centurion.

Anybody have these, and are you happy with them?

Thanks!

:smile:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

All three are good!

Make sure you get the Bernt Stolle FDE updates for the Bonanzas, if you go that route.

The F33 is still my go-to aircraft and is now equipped with a GTN650, along with

autopilot mods and RXP flightline gauges..  lovely cockpit!

Bert

I've been contemplating a choice between the V35 or F33 Bonanza, and the CT210 Centurion.

I agree with Bert, these are all great.   My favourite from these (as of tonight when I bought it!) is the F33 .... this is just one plane that Carenado did a great job with (and I now have Bert's mods, and a replacement sound pack from ArezOne too :wink:).

My favourite after that would be the 210......   it get's a lot of stick from FDE purists and there can be problems seeing past the large front panel (an issue with the real plane too), but with TrackIR it's just not an issue.  I think it flies great, sounds great, and has a lovely VC.

The thing with these Carenado 'sale' planes is just to remember that they were state-of-the-art (ish) for GA aircraft, between approx 2009-2011.     So they are not generally 'HD' models... but on the plus side performance is better, for those like me, with a naff video card.

Have sensible expectations, and remember how much (or little) you're paying here, and you'll get some great planes.

Another one I love is the old Carenado Saratoga.   Very old and vintage-like and nice immersion.

My favourite after that would be the 210...... it get's a lot of stick from FDE purists and there can be problems seeing past the large front panel (an issue with the real plane too), but with TrackIR it's just not an issue. I think it flies great, sounds great, and has a lovely VC.

I was one of the biggest gripers about that airplane FDE and I'll now say this....if you fix the flaps setting (which was horribly wrong) it flies spot on the numbers.  Not a thing wrong with the FDE.  And it'll fly fast and high.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

but on the plus side performance is better, for those like me, with a naff video card.

Agreed, the C208B I got last year dropped my FPS to single digits, while the M20J I got just now performs as good as default aircraft.