Sign in to follow this  
corkyo4

Anyone tried REX Lattitude?

So as the title suggests has anyone tried REX lattitude? Or even REX Simair (although FSX native).

Seems like it adds a little bit of competition to what can sometimes become a lonely world (unless you use VATSIM etc).

Thoughts, suggestions welcome. Does it work in P3D 2.X? It is about £10 so it wouldn't break my piggy bank. But before I take the plunge I thought I would ask.

Thanks

Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

I tried REX Latitude back in my FSX-days and totally disliked the score and reward system. Took all the fun out of flying for me as I started to focus on getting 'high scores' while the program takes things into account I would never base a score on. All my bad, of course: it CAN be used as a tool to make for instance landings better, but quite often it would punish me for things I couldn't help at all and I just couldn't stand that. ;) It just didn't give me a real life experience I was hoping for. All in all highly annoying and not my kind of addon. But YMMV of course! ;)

So as the title suggests has anyone tried REX lattitude? Or even REX Simair (although FSX native).

Used REX Latitude a lot  but the novelty runs out pretty quickly.  It's too bad too because the concept was great but the execution faltered and I don't think REX even cares much about it anymore.  It's been a long time since any updates.  Jeroen is spot on about the scoring system.  It really sucks to get slammed for hand flying a difficult approach  in foul weather. If REX could have implemented some sort of "Score modifier" that could take into account these sort of things it would help bring some enjoyment back into the program as it stands is just too rigid.

SIMAIR....PPPPffffffftttttt!!  Yeah right it's been forever since they said that was going to be released.  Oh yeah but wait Reed Stough said it would be this year... :Talking Ear Off:

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27332-is-it-released-simair/

Guess we'll only have to wait a few more days to find out  :LMAO:

RE Thomason Jr.

I have not tried Latitude but from my conversation with the REX guys, SimAir was put on the back burning until REX4 is finished and then it will be full steam ahead with SimAir.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

I really miss FSPassengersX since moving to P3D.  It was decent for what it was, and if Simair can offer similar features I'd love to see it come out.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

I really miss FSPassengersX since moving to P3D. It was decent for what it was, and if Simair can offer similar features I'd love to see it come out.

FS Captain works great in P3D and can do a lot of what FSPassangers did plus a lot more.  It's still actively supported by the Developer.  I use it all the time to send Pireps to my VA because it can use the FSPassangers export format (if you do that sort of thing).

SimAir was put on the back burning until REX4 is finished and then it will be full steam ahead with SimAir.

First they said it was a marketing delay do to a naming conflict which didn't make sense in terms of a developmental delay etc. but 3.5 years and counting has shaken my faith on this one.  If REX is able to pull off what it's been hyping up and somehow is able to integrate the Lattitude scoring methodology into your SimAir pilots rating in a comprehensive yet flexible manner then I do believe they'll finally have a product worth talking about. :rolleyes:

Until then I do wish them luck while I await the arrival of Air Hauler II

RE Thomason Jr.

I use Rex latitude in combination with AirHauler, FsPassenger and FSFlightKeeper.

There is some overlap between these programs, but they all score the flights from a slightly different angle. I'm currently very happy with the results.

FSPassenger focuses on how a passenger would rate your flight. FSFlightKeeper judges based on the way you operate your aircraft (for example lights and how well you taxi). Rex Latitude is more like a flight instructor. It makes sure you fly smoothly. It is particularly sensitive on how you you do your landing.

I have found Rex Latitude to be the hardest to keep happy. Other programs might give me a perfect score, but only get 68% score from Rex Latitude, because I floated the landing or had excessive g-forces during takeoff or landing.

I like REX Lattitude a lot, because it gives me great feeback about my flying skills. While I don't care about the score and reward system (I don't even upload anything), it mainly helps me improving my flying in the circuit and of course my landing practice. It's not always running in the background, but whenever I feel like taking some flying lessons I startup Lattitude and always enjoy the results. It definitely helps me improving my piloting (in FSX as well as in RW). A very worthy and, from my point-of-view, underrated addon!

Felix

FS Captain works great in P3D and can do a lot of what FSPassangers did plus a lot more.  It's still actively supported by the Developer. 

Very good--thanks ;o)

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Yes Latitude is fun and useful for judging your approach and landings. I used it heavily for about a month, then just... stopped. Maybe I'll give it a go again since you brought it up!

SimAir -  :mellow: Been on that mailing list since 1982 and still haven't heard a thing. Who won the Amstick?

Amstick_01.jpg

FS Captain works great in P3D and can do a lot of what FSPassangers did plus a lot more.  It's still actively supported by the Developer. 

Hi RE,

Can you tell me if there are cabin crew announcements or other audio features in FS Captain as there are in FSPax?  I took a look at their site and didn't see anything about that.  

Noel

Can you tell me if there are cabin crew announcements or other audio features in FS Captain as there are in FSPax? I took a look at their site and didn't see anything about that.

It's a little bit different than FS Passengers as you don't micro manage things like when to serve food etc.  FS Captain is more focused on the roles a captain and FO in the cockpit.  There is some interaction though as you can give a welcome announcement after boarding, alert the crew for T/O and Landing, manage the belts during turbulence etc. Accurate position reporting and staying on schedule is really the goal though however you will be graded on each flight and passenger opinion weighs into that.

I think about the most positive thing I could say here is that the majority of people I have spoke with (on web forums, in my VA, etc. ) who have used both seem to prefer FS Captain.  I know I feel this way strongly and have not used passengers for several years now simply because IMO and for the type of flying I do; I prefer FSCaptain. 

There is a website for it you can visit for more information and I believe the manual is also available for review in a .pdf download.

Good Luck,

Robert

RE Thomason Jr.

Very good it sounds like it's definitely worth trying.  Thanks ;o)

Noel

There is a website for it you can visit for more information and I believe the manual is also available for review in a .pdf download.

Good Luck,
Robert

Hi Robert,

I picked it up, and am in the middle of a flight now.  Is it correct there really is no audio, even w/ the announcements you can generate?   Seems odd at best if that's true.

Noel