Sign in to follow this  
corkyo4

Anyone tried REX Lattitude?

Hi Robert,

I picked it up, and am in the middle of a flight now.  Is it correct there really is no audio, even w/ the announcements you can generate?   Seems odd at best if that's true.

I found how to modify dll.xml and seems it's fixed now ;o)

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I found how to modify dll.xml and seems it's fixed now ;o)

Good to Go... I hope you enjoy it.

RE Thomason Jr.

Thank you it's quite nice I"m finding.  I think it's possible for the fuel load to be added by the app but so far I've not seen how to do it.   I did read about this issue but can't seem to find where the info was in the tutorial.  Outside of this minor issue I'm making peace w/ the sequence of using both GSX & FSCaptain and it's really quite a hoot & just what I was looking for!  It's indeed much more sophisticated than FSPax & great it's still supported!  One other minor issue is FRAPS will no longer display in P3D when ACARS is running, but that's minor.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Well we have drifted WAY off topic since the OP but if your running an Nvida cad you can use the Shadow play as a capture option.

RE Thomason Jr.

I discovered it I check 'Monitor Aero Desktop' I can now see the frame rate display.  Something to do w/ the external ACARS that required that I guess.

Noel

Hi RE,

Can you tell me if there are cabin crew announcements or other audio features in FS Captain as there are in FSPax?  I took a look at their site and didn't see anything about that.  

Yes there are extensive amounts of audio from the First Officer and Flight Attendants with the ability to add your own custom voice packs.  The manual even released a full script sheet for what to say if you are recording your own FO/FA set and what event triggers that speech.   Based on the list, there is quite a bit and you can have more than one Welcome Aboard message or multiple speeches for any part of the flight in each trigger point.    About the only thing FSCaptain doesn't do well that FSPAX did was airline management.   I really liked having to pay the bills and manage the fleet and actually make my airline money.   They are starting to implement features like that with their new Economic Module but it is far from what FSPAX could do.

And yes... your passengers do scream in terror when you screw up big time.   I also like that you can get an idea of how good you did just by listening to the PAX when they are deboarding.   You'll hear them make little remarks like "Awesome flight, thanks for the smooth ride."  "That was really enjoyable flight.  Thank you so much."   Stuff like.  Likewise, they will complain to your face if you jammed the landing gear up the butts or did a barrel roll in your 737/A320.  :)

FSCaptain is extremely flexible and very fair in grading.   I highly recommend it and its on sale for 40% off until Jan 2nd.   I did a long (too long I think XD) overview video of it on my Flightblog if you want to see how it works before you buy it.  They also have a full DEMO you can try before you buy.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Hi Brian,

I'm on it!  After a little problem getting audio out--added code in dll.xml that was missing after install to P3D thru Estonia Migration Tool--works like a charm.  It's really excellent--much deeper & better than IMO than FSPax was--though I did like the option for foreign voices which I used regularly w/ offshore flights.  I'm figuring out how to use it w/ GSX which is really fun and easy to make work out.

One question if you will: here's something I don't understand.  If I turn the FCDU on BEFORE I have loaded my P3D intended flight plan, the FDCU says on page one after initialization that I am at my P3D default scenario location, which may not be the 'committed' plan done in the Administrator as a charter flight--it appears on page two after the 'other' prompt is selected.  Is there a way to select that 'committed' one as the flight we want to use for our FSCaptain session?  I read this comment from the tutorial:

It’s particularly important to wait until the load has started to load (or create) your flight plan in FS. If you do this, then the FS ATC will address your flight verbally by the correct flight number. As the load progresses, the screen will be constantly updated.... 

I have only been able to get the committed plan to appear when turning on the FCDU by loading up the P3D flight plan first, before starting the FCDU, and it will already have the default fuel load associated w/ my default P3D scenario.  So I don't see how to, as the comment above says, 'wait until the load has started ...then the FS ATC will address your flight verbally .... etc.

Ideas??

Noel

FSCaptain has a native P3D installer and shouldn't require the Migration Tool to install.  You may want to re-install and tell it you are using P3D so it does everything automated.   If it's working fine for you now you shouldn't have too but just keep that in mind in the future.

I am not an expert on it yet and can only tell you how I do my flights.   I create my Flightplan in FSBuild and use TOPCAT to get all my fuel requirements and takeoff speeds.   I then load up FSCaptain Admin and go create my flight.  I don't let it assign me one.  I make it in the admin then adjust to match the cargo manifest I have.   

I then load the flight plan into the flight setup in FSCaptain and load my Active Sky NEXT weather and recalculate fuel and time requirements.   I cross check FSCaptain's fuel requirements with TOPCAT's and make sure they are close to each other.  I commit the flight and shutdown The Admin and start up the simulator.

I pick my plane, load the flight plan, put myself at the correct starting gate at my departure airport and load in.   If you are using a sophisticated aircraft like PMDG it is highly recommend you set your PAX, Cargo and Fuel loads via the FMC.   Don't use FSCaptain's Auto-load features.  You should have set those to be suppressed in the FSCaptain Admin with Simulate Load ticked on so you can still simulate the time it takes to load the PAX.

Once my plane is configured I turn on the FCDU inside P3D (via the installed gauge) and log in.   Your flight should immediately pop up on the next screen after login.  Verify the flight number is the one you setup in FSCaptain's Admin and the destination airport and arrival airport are what you set and commit to the flight.   

You are ready to rock and roll.   I did a 4 hour flight from Albuquerque to Seattle yesterday and landed with 50 lbs of fuel left before I hit reserve.   That's about as 'On the numbers' as you can get.   Got scored a 95 and my PAX were all happy campers.  Arrived at the gate 3 minutes ahead of schedule.   Southwest; On-Time and in One Piece.  Guaranteed.

And.... I hijacked the thread... XD   My apologies.    Ummm... I did look at REX Latitude but it wasn't quite what I was wanting.   There!  Thread back on  track!

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

It's awesome I really like it Brian.  I may try uninstalling & reinstalling and save a copy of the edited dll.xml file just in case.  I did notice though when I went to install it it asked me to locate the folder where my simulator was located I believe, rather than give me a choice to install to FSX or P3D, so I backed out, at last that is my recollection.  The only thing that isn't working is:

1.  Doesn't recognize the state of the seat belts toggle--no matter what I do the FO tells me to turn on the belts sign (before you can assign the task to FO, i.e. when about to pushback).

2.  Doesn't identify the flight number--just picks it up off of whatever number I have most recently assigned to the plane during vehicle selection.

3.  Fuel I have to input but that's ok as I like to use GSX for that anyway, so no biggie.

Awesome!  This was the main thing that kept me connected to FSX as long as I was, and missed FSPax in P3D.  This is a much better app!

Noel

Hey Noel A couple of things...

FS Captain is a bit deeper than one might imagine when first getting started if you give it a bit more time you'll find that there ae ways to address most all of your concerns.

1. Seat belt managment:  You have a couple of options when using an add on aircraft that does not use the standard FSX mapping you can either turn the management off altogether, hand it over to the FO, or try remapping the add-ons belt switch using FSUIPC to the default assignment.  You can also do sort of a combination if using a momentary switch with FSUIPC (ie.  Standard MSFS seatbelt toggle command when pushed/ add on aircraft seat belt command when released)  Using a combination like this can work well with the no smoking assignments as well.  One thing to keep in mind is that there seems to be a bit of "grace time" built in.  I have pushed back with the belt sign not on myself or the galley power not on and so long as I rectify the situation in short order it didn't affect my final score computation.

2.  Flight numbers: Agreed this can be a bit wonky as it tends to assign it's own.  The nice thing though is you can edit this in the flight log section of the administrator so as to keep integrity or in m case when a discrepancy occurs with my VA I can resubmit my pirep under a new flight # and receive credit for my flight hours.  This is a great feature if you fly for a VA and have more than one booking or an error occurs when filing your pirep.

3.  Fuel loading:  Again it can conflict at times with 3pd aircraft; furthermore, between default options, 3pd aircraft options, flight planning software, external fuel loading applications, and FS Captain itself it can get a bit confusing as to which program or app is really in charge. :huh:  Using GSX with FS Captain is easy since GSX calls up the default planner anyway.  What I tend to do is a load revision in FS Captain and set the fuel to what I plan on having GSX load and select the manual load option in FSCaptain.  Once cleared to proceed I have GSX load the fuel and when I am ready to pushback if there is any differences between the manifest and aircraft I usually reconcile using the aircraft data, the small discrepancies are usually due to APU burn or some other factor.  Most of the time I can get the figures pretty dang close; I'm not going to sweat anything under a couple hundred pounds on an airliner flight.

Glad you like the program.  If you hear the FO say he sees some ice forming be sure to turn on your anti ice,,,, :ph34r:

RE Thomason Jr.

Thanks Robert.  One other quickie if you will:  I am using the external FCDU only and on a single screen.  Is there any way to make the external FCDU stay visible over top of the P3D view so that when you make P3D the active window/view you don't lose the FCDU, much the same as a 2D gauge would function in P3D?  I guess that is the reason to use the gauge version?   If you know, is there a performance hit by using the non-external, gauge version of the FCDU? 

I had a very stable and OOM-free P3D for a very long time until the past week when I installed 3 new add ons:  Accu-Feel, FSDT's Hawaiian Airports, & FSCaptain all around the same time.   I had my first OOM a few days ago flying from KLAX to KRNO in the CS Super MD80 Pro and just before TD got the OOM.  I've done many long flights w/ no OOM in the same aircraft I'm using now.  I uninstalled Hawaiian Airports & Accu-Feel and so far it looks better again, I hope.  Have you noticed any increase in OOM potential w/ FSC?  Doubtful I guess because of what it is, but perhaps a memory leak of sorts?  

Noel

Thanks Robert.  One other quickie if you will:  I am using the external FCDU only and on a single screen.  Is there any way to make the external FCDU stay visible over top of the P3D view so that when you make P3D the active window/view you don't lose the FCDU, much the same as a 2D gauge would function in P3D?  I guess that is the reason to use the gauge version?   If you know, is there a performance hit by using the non-external, gauge version of the FCDU? 

I had a very stable and OOM-free P3D for a very long time until the past week when I installed 3 new add ons:  Accu-Feel, FSDT's Hawaiian Airports, & FSCaptain all around the same time.   I had my first OOM a few days ago flying from KLAX to KRNO in the CS Super MD80 Pro and just before TD got the OOM.  I've done many long flights w/ no OOM in the same aircraft I'm using now.  I uninstalled Hawaiian Airports & Accu-Feel and so far it looks better again, I hope.  Have you noticed any increase in OOM potential w/ FSC?  Doubtful I guess because of what it is, but perhaps a memory leak of sorts?  

Noel, FSC has very very very little impact on VAS.   Accu-Feel v2.0 also should not be killing you.   I have seen in other threads that confirms the culprit is most likley FSDT Hawaiian Airports.  THis is a known VAS hog.   Also, if you are only using a single monitor, why are you not using the ACARS gauge installer to install the in-game FCDU instead of using the stand alone?

100454.png

Brian Navy

I've been waiting for Simair for 3 years now. Rex has really dropped the ball here. Im waiting for Air Hauler 2 and the Economic side of FSCaptain. I gave up on Simair. Rex has done a very poor customer service job on this product.

Reik Namreg

Noel, FSC has very very very little impact on VAS.   Accu-Feel v2.0 also should not be killing you.   I have seen in other threads that confirms the culprit is most likley FSDT Hawaiian Airports.  THis is a known VAS hog.   Also, if you are only using a single monitor, why are you not using the ACARS gauge installer to install the in-game FCDU instead of using the stand alone?

The main reason is that I had briefly read the gauge version is harder on performance from one person's comment.  Do you find this not to be the case?  Yes I'm pretty sure it was the FSDT HA's that did it for me.   I've completed 3 flights since uninstalling and thankfully am getting nowhere near an OOM as was the case prior to installing these.  The HA's had a known other problem that killed simulator performance which was fixed in a subsequent version of P3D V2, so I thought I'd see how that went and indeed that issue was solved, but alas the VAS depletion issue appears to be tied to that add-on.  The other reason was that I didn't not want to commit to installing gauges per plane until I was sure I wanted to use FSCaptain, which I now am very happy to have found ;o)

Noel

Simair is vaporware. Stopped looking about.... 2 years ago  :Waiting: Sad story.

Latitude worked for me until I found VA Financials. Furthermore it doesn't look like a lot of people are using Latitude anymore. The map looks increasingly deserted when you fly.  

VA Financials will cost you a bit of money each month, buth the interface is more user friendly than Latitude, and as your own company's CEO and pilot it has a good sim management feel to it. Even the real time map shows all your fellow simmers flying, and this map is crowded. Good overall immersion feeling.

VA Financials is also still being improved (unlike Latitude).

The new economy mode on FS Captain sounds tempting, might try this one.

Hope this helps.