Sign in to follow this  
Frank Zych

Intercepting First Intersection after Taking Off

After taking off, the controller gives me heading directions which keeps me on my filed flightplan but never lets me intercept the first intersection indicated on the FMS(PMDG 737). If I can't intercept the first intersection, then I will not be able to use the LNAV function when I am in Autopilot. This happens all the time. Is there a way to get around this? 

Frank Zych

Have you flown the tutorials? If not they're the recommended way of understanding how RC works.

To answer your specific question you should choose 'No Altitude Restr' or 'Alt Restrictions' on the Controller Options. That will allow you to fly the SID in the CDU.

Are the SID waypoints in the plan you load into RC?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks for your response. I havn't flown the tutorials. I will take a look at them. Yes I have the SID waypoints in the plan.

Frank Zych

The most famous quote of all time.

"If in doubt, READ the MANUAL"

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/owuz7p2ohx7y7st/fsb%20tips%20and%20update.pdf?dl=0

has some sections on syncing a planner with RC and an FMC database.

Note that in addition to navigraph, Aerosoft's NavData Pro also offers AIRAC updates with the one-off period download in as many formats as you require.

Regarding initial waypoints please see this thread below:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/457142-rc-fly-heading-xx-until-suitable/