Sign in to follow this  
nam1394

Fatal Error Possible Fix

Hello there,

I might have found the reason for the Fatal Error massage. Not the one before clearance as I have never had one. But, the ones before take off, en route or approach. I am not %100 sure because I just figured it out now and I am not at home and I won't be until three hours later and I am not I sure if I would be able to test it then or not.  I won't bore you with details. I will just want say that the latest version was working fine when it was first released then I started getting fatal error massages and now it is working again. The only thing that changed when it wasn't working was adding type=special in the panel.cfg.

So, if you are having the error massage and happen to have edited the cfg file, please check it and let me know. Once I checked it I would let you guys know.

Thanks

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

"The only thing that changed when it wasn't working was adding type=special in the panel.cfg.

Why did you add that?

Which version?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

"The only thing that changed when it wasn't working was adding type=special in the panel.cfg.

Why did you add that?

Which version?

Because I am using Ezdock cameras and when switching views the window would disappear. By adding it, the window won't disappear. 

I am using the latest version that was released recently.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

That's what "special" does - keeps the window visible during view changes (very handy - I also use and love ezdok).  As such, I doubt it is the problem for pre-takeoff fatal errors.  More likely I've traced some of these random fatals to airport layouts that don't configure correctly to the Voxatc expectations (often orbx stuff).  I've also found that it's often the AI at these airports that are setting off the fatals.  When Voxatc tries to move your plane or an AI to a misconfigured area - the fatal occurs.  Forcing different approaches, taxiways etc. will narrow down which is the problem.  I noted at PAKT at one point I had a fatal error that kept occurring.  I found that it happened while I was sitting at the gate preparing my plane for takeoff.  The trigger was the AI that became active and immediately began taxiing to the problem spot.

Finding out the exact problem and fixing it is another story though.  Tegwyn believed that some of this might have been misaligned or disconnected taxi connections to parking areas, hold short line distances from runwyas, etc.

I don't remember what I did to fix PAKT.  I tried to find out why my AI at KHIB or KINL (don't remember which of the two), kept parking on the runway rather than taking off, and never could figure it out.  I finally just started taxiing around it.

"I don't remember what I did to fix PAKT."

Which developers AI do you use?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

UT2 with the Voxatc AI Bridge.  Like I said, I got it working, but don't remember what I did in that case.  I'm just suggesting that this might be a more likely cause of the fatal error than the type=special setting.  I'd be surprised if that is an issue (but I've been surprised before).

UT2 with the Voxatc AI Bridge.  Like I said, I got it working, but don't remember what I did in that case.  I'm just suggesting that this might be a more likely cause of the fatal error than the type=special setting.  I'd be surprised if that is an issue (but I've been surprised before).

Hey Jer,

I wasn't talking about AI problems. I was having issues with delayed climb and decent instructions and delayed handing to approach which later in the flight cause Fatal Error. I was having a problem with one particular flight. I did the exact same flight 4 times. Twice with type=special and had problems and twice without and had no problems. I am gonna have to do more flights and report back.

As for the AI, I know what you are talking about and had problems at certain airports, for example Flytampa's OMDB and I sent the AFCAD to Tegwyn and he fixed it in an earlier version. But those problems never caused Fatal Error for me. Of course, there are other causes for Fatal Error, but they are known at the forum like installing on older versions.

Cheers

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

nam1394,

That's very interesting.  I look forward to your additional test results.  I'm confusing your issue regarding my elaboration on the AI stalling on the runway, but regarding your initial post on the fatal error before takeoff - that can be caused by an AI hitting a problem spot, as I've encountered it.

I too have had issues with the clearance fatals - fortunately the later versions of Vox seem to restart and continue on without dying completely like older versions.  I do believe this to be a navigational issue where certain waypoints in navigraph of your plane's fmc don't match up with the airports version of the approach.  For instance - at PAJN I can get Vox to land me using the localizer approach to Rwy 8, but if I tell it I want to fly the RNAV-V RWY8 approach it throws a fatal error, then continues on asking me to report the various intersections.  Unfortunately I've lately been then stuck at the last intersection "menae" and it refuses to recognize when I radio that I've reached that.  I've also tried the "anyplace" substitute that is supposed to get past name recognition issues - and it doesn't even recognize that!

John