Sign in to follow this  
gianlucag

Antialiasing problems with P3D e GTX970

I open this post because after the arrival new  PC ( Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4 Ghz + Corsair Hydro H110 -  8 GB DDR 3 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 2133 Mhz -nVidia ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC edition 4 Gb - Win7 pro 64 bit ) I went from FS9 to P3D .
The problem I had already had with FS9 but then with the help of inspector and above all the tricks of the SLI configuration with single board , I had managed to force the parameters of the GPU and eliminate the problem .
Now with P3D we go again ....
I'm going to tell you which is the annoying problem .
The graphics are ok , but when I have a really nice view from the outside of the plane or in VC with zoom reduced , I see the lines , written and details Motl small flickering ...
I do not know how to explain it , I tried to do two photos ( although from the fixed one understands little)
Areas with more detail or otherwise defined by fine lines flicker ( comuqnue ago that effect annoying that familiar old users when FS9 was set from the menu of the graphic mipmap > 4 : D )
The lines of the 3D model instead are well quidni curves and the AA should be working as it should .

bxPyN4E.jpg

more zoom and more lines you are defined and the flicker disappears .

IigBsXZ.jpg

Below I report my settings :

920f73370056620.jpg d59723370056632.jpg 1c61bc370056648.jpg 8c549a370056664.jpg ac0318370056682.jpg de6da5370056692.jpg 2591d1370056702.jpg

I also tried to turn ON the FXAA but nothing !!

Sorry, but IMO that's about as good as it's going to get with P3D. You can try using Nvidia Inspector to get some better AA but it will come with a performance cost. There are many links to what to set NI at for P3D. Good luck

I also tried to turn ON the FXAA but nothing !!

The usual solutions are setting sparse grid supersampling in NI

or using the new DSR feature in nvidia CP.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Thank's i want try use grid supersempling in NI.

To activate SGSSAA in NVIDIA Inspector, simply set a multisampling mode in "Antialiasing - Setting", and then in "Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling" set the equivalent sparse grid mode.

Try This, My P3d runs sweet and no jaggies. this is the best guide out there imho. ;)

Here

Rick

tpewpb-6.png

I don't have P3D but in FSX I cannot get my GTS970 to break a sweat past 50% usage so I think the card can handle whatever you throw at it.   I know P3D puts more work on the card so this may not be the case for you but worth a try.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

thanks to all , finalemnte , as the settings suggested the problem is solved drastically ...

frames are slightly decreased but now at least the graphics are watchable .

I set before the grid supersempling then seeing best image,  I put all the parameters as the link provided

Thanks for that Rick. 

^_^

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

From the pic,s shown that is very poor for P3d .I have no jaggies in the main run at 30fps,using a lot older system than you do,there is a mine of good information on  Avsim ,I would reset every thing to default in the Nvidia control panel,back off the sliders to default,fly it for a day or two read, read and slowly make small adjustment,s ,you will if you are patient hit the sweet spot Hope it works out for you

peter