Sign in to follow this  
ray hughes

Carenado sale but which model?

Even though it is a sale, really only have budget for one model ...(Due to recent other purchases). Would love forum members to offer a recommendation on one of these 3 models I should purchase;

C90B

B200

TBM 850

I did have the SR22 but got a refund with Flight 1 as the Display tanked my FPS - since then however, I have upgraded my CPU to a i7 4770k

Many thanks

Ray

C90B

Well at least that's my advice..can't really comment on the TBM, but i own both the C90 and B200 and i find the C90 more fun to hand fly. It's a pretty nice plane, if you fancy a twin. Handles great and has enough system complexity to play with in the cockpit - although you cannot expect they are modeled the same level as, say, the Duke from Realair.

Others will advise differently but in the end of the day i really believe it comes down to personal preference.

Also, if framerate is a concern I can tell you I run FSX on the same cpu as you do, non-k version, and have no problems at all.

Cheers

I know that it is not on your list, but the C337 has been one of their best releases ever. It has a few bugs, like all Carenado planes, but there is something about the immersion factor with the plane.

I just picked up the Carenado Seneca V HD for AUD$13 @ the flightsim store! That's way cheaper than the US$37 being asked at the Carenado site...

Regards,

Diego

Thanks for the replies so far... Have the 337 -good model but don't fly it much and have the original Seneca - which I would describe as... well, boring...

Have the realair Duke v2 and it is definitely a beauty - was looking for a turbine

I had settled on one of those 3 models  - so 1 vote so far for the C90B then

Thanks

Not on your list but PC-12 is an all around winner. Short field performance, high cruising altitude, cold weather warrior. I love it. There are mods available in the forum from Bert to help make it more realistic, and an engine mod v1 but news about a version 2 dropped off the earth unfortunately.

They all should be fine once you've checked with the friendly folks like Bert to receive additional mods/fixes.

Me is using the TBM (+mentioned fixes) at reasonable framerates and the mission profile of that plane seems hard to beat. I obviously like the presentation Carenado delivers while the G1000 receives (or needs, if you like) the help from an RXP GPS in the background.

Since you are into the fast turboprops and perhaps even some modern avionics, maybe check if the Flight1 King Air receives a 'sale' discount at some time. I haven't got her yet but heard lots of good things about the G1000 and the system details in general. And it's also cruising fast, pretty close to TBM speeds from the description.

I just picked up the Carenado Seneca V HD for AUD$13 @ the flightsim store! That's way cheaper than the US$37 being asked at the Carenado site...

Regards,

Diego

Link?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thanks Diego for the info and CoolP for the the link (I first looked at the wrong site flightsim.com and couldn't find it there at this price). I just got it. What a great deal!!

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Wooo hooo! ... I was going to buy the Carenado Seneca V HD last week for £23 ....... and instead I've just bought it from FlightSimStore for under £7  !!! 

In all honesty, I think the listing of this product at sale price at FSS may be an error - in every other store it is only the older aircraft that are at sale prices like those.      And Carenado have an old 'non-HD' Seneca II too, so I wonder if FSS have reduced the wrong product.

Anyway, if you don't have the Seneca V - go and buy it QUICKLY, at AUD$13, it is a ludicrous bargain!!

Not a fan of the Carenado Seneca II. It flies nothing like the real thing, but for 13 bucks I couldn't go past the V. Can barely get lunch in Sydney for that kind of money! :ph34r:

Nice seeing some marketing strategies at work. At the right price, people will buy things they actually don't want to buy. :o ^_^

Nah, seriously, enjoy the plane. And perhaps inform your FS9 friends about what Jon said.

fs9 aircraft are all $3-5.

There are plenty of those indeed.