Sign in to follow this  
ray hughes

Carenado sale but which model?

Not a fan of the Carenado Seneca II. It flies nothing like the real thing, but for 13 bucks I couldn't go past the V. Can barely get lunch in Sydney for that kind of money! :ph34r:

That could be 13 bucks towards a Alabeo Seneca 11c.

Seneca V for $12. It's a crime! :o

JCHk1.jpg

dKoIk.jpg

lf4cZ.jpg

Amazing!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Not bad at all for $12.  I do hope the fps will be ok on my older machine.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I actually like the V.... That and the PC12 are their best so far.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm on old FS8/FS9'er that left the hobby back in 2006.  I'm newly back in to it, having spent the last 3 weeks setting up a new machine, FSX, all the apparantly new essential addons for it (like FTX Global, Vector, etc) and these sale priced Carenado have been my first aircraft purchase since coming back to the hobby.

Bought the PA46-350P, Seneca V, and Bonanza F33 today .......... the Malibu is by far my favourite - wow, Carenado have come along way since the last addon I bought from them, a 210P for FS9 in about 2004 I believe. 

After the Malibu, I'd say the F33 is really nice too.      The Seneca is pretty but is dragging down the frame rates on my machine.  

I'm on old FS8/FS9'er that left the hobby back in 2006. I'm newly back in to it, having spent the last 3 weeks setting up a new machine, FSX, all the apparantly new essential addons for it (like FTX Global, Vector, etc) and these sale priced Carenado have been my first aircraft purchase since coming back to the hobby.

Bought the PA46-350P, Seneca V, and Bonanza F33 today .......... the Malibu is by far my favourite - wow, Carenado have come along way since the last addon I bought from them, a 210P for FS9 in about 2004 I believe.

After the Malibu, I'd say the F33 is really nice too. The Seneca is pretty but is dragging down the frame rates on my machine.

No issues with fps using the Seneca V.

Which Carenado Malibu is your fav?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Me is using the TBM (+mentioned fixes) at reasonable framerates and the mission profile of that plane seems hard to beat. I obviously like the presentation Carenado delivers while the G1000 receives (or needs, if you like) the help from an RXP GPS in the background.

Thanks CoolIP - I was inclined toward the TBM850 but was still concerned over the Full Screen Display FPS hit and the limited G1000 functionality - and I don't have the RXP GPS - Bert's fixes may be the deciding factor.....

Which Carenado Malibu is your fav?

I only have the Malibu -350 Piston but I love it.     I'm not too keen on single turbo props so will probably give their Malibu propjet a miss.

Lots of happy Seneca flyers now. :BigGrin: Nice pictures!

Ray, when it comes to the TBM, still expect a fps hit but you can for example disable the 'FO's' display, so that will help. The G1000 functionality is very basic when it comes to the flight planning and data base (uses FSX data, no updates, means not much on SID/STAR for example). If you are ok with that (I have the RXP to supply just this data, it 'streams' it), it should be a nice and fast plane.

For updatable G1000 gauges, Flight1 is the only solution. Hence my note on their King Air.

Lots of happy Seneca flyers now. :BigGrin:

+1. Thanks for the great tip. Just did a quick flight from Samedan to Milano. Very nice plane...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Lots of happy Seneca flyers now. :BigGrin:

And I'm one of them :Party: Thanks CoolP and Diego!!

Steve

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

wow Seneca is a steal. I would get it but I have the Dukev2 and cant see any benefit as they are similar in specs except for the glass cockpit

ZORAN

Not on your list but PC-12 is an all around winner. Short field performance, high cruising altitude, cold weather warrior. I love it. There are mods available in the forum from Bert to help make it more realistic, and an engine mod v1 but news about a version 2 dropped off the earth unfortunately.

It is not on sale and is $40  :shok:

Ok, TBM 850  it is... Thanks CoolIP  - disabling the First Officer display position - didn't know Carenado offered the option?

I would normally have gone for the C90B, but then I do have the Beech 1900D so TBM....and Berts mods (currently without the RXP530 gauge - another day for that)...

thanks to all