Sign in to follow this  
nelsly

Preciptitfx doesn't work with p3D patch

Hi, have the latest ver 1.2.0.11 installed and can't get P3D to show the effects that are available with precipiyfx. It shows the default rain and snow. I have tried un installing and the re installing to no avail. I have tried this with the weather themes in P3D and with ASN it just crashes the sim. Any help would be appreciated. When I run the installer it does everything it should. When I check rescan for aircraft, the little blue bar does its thing and the installer working but greyed out. There is another message that says precipit fx installer task  has completed. The installer still says woeking with the little blue bar going around and around. The only way to stop this is to click ok. I do that and everything disappears, the installer and the message box. When I start P3D I still have the default rain and snow

Thanks

Nelson

Hi, have the latest ver 1.2.0.11 installed and can't get P3D to show the effects that are available with precipiyfx. It shows the default rain and snow. I have tried un installing and the re installing to no avail. I have tried this with the weather themes in P3D and with ASN it just crashes the sim. Any help would be appreciated. When I run the installer it does everything it should. When I check rescan for aircraft, the little blue bar does its thing and the installer working but greyed out. There is another message that says precipit fx installer task  has completed. The installer still says woeking with the little blue bar going around and around. The only way to stop this is to click ok. I do that and everything disappears, the installer and the message box. When I start P3D I still have the default rain and snow

Thanks

Nelson

Hi Nelson,

We try to answer everyone as fast as possible.

Can you both confirm that:

• The installer hangs after clicking "ok" on the "Task Complete" popup and that the rain / snow textures aren't installed in P3D?
  • Other effects aren't installed on P3D
  • The effects are installed on FSX if you have it installed.

Thanks

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven, thanks for the reply. After clicking ok on the task complete pop up both the installer and the task pop up disappear. If I don't click ok the task pop up boc and the installer remain on the screen. The installer says working and the blue bar just keeps scrolling. All I can say is the effects of rain and snow appear to be the default p3d ones. I do not have FSX on my system. I have tried installing with the FSX check boxes unchecked or checked. No difference. Any other ideas??

Cheers

Nelson

I had the same issue. What worked for me was selecting uninstall. Closed then opened again and selected all because I have both sim as well, and that got it working on both.

Hope it helps

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Sorry tried that several times and I still don't have the effects

Nelson

Hi Nelson,

Sad to hear it's not working for you.

Do you have a file called "RainA.bmp.fsfx_PFX.bkp" in your P3D "Texture" folder?

Thanks

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven,

May be it can be helpful to  Nelson, I found  8 folder as"RainA.bmp.fsfx_PFX.bkp" in Texture folder. Is it correct amount?? 

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Hi Keven,

May be it can be helpful to  Nelson, I found  8 folder as"RainA.bmp.fsfx_PFX.bkp" in Texture folder. Is it correct amount?? 

Yes, there are 8 similar files named that way, that means the installation was completed successfully.

Can you share some screenshots with us of the results in P3D?

Thank you

keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Sorry guys I have all 8 files in my p3d texture folder. When p3d is launched I still have the default rain and snow texture

Thanks

Nelson

Hi Is there any proof positive way when looking at p3d to tell that the textures are indeed being shown. As stated I did see a difference when I first installed the program but since the update of 1.2.0.11 I am back to the p3d original textures.

Nelson

To be honest I'm not sure what texture I am seeing or if the prorgam is showing the right textures

Nelson

THis is suppose to be REX ESS+ OD textures  and ASN weather engine.  REX ESS in FSX excellent but P3D totally different. I dont know why???

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

From what I see, you have the latest textures installed. You might want to take a screenshot before and after to see the difference.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi, ok success :lol:  Don't really know what happened, here is what I did. Deleted the 8 files in p3d texture folder. Ran the installer and it said a new ver was available so I downloaded it. The ver is 1.2.0.13.  W ent through the motions and ran P3D. As soon as I put the snow effect on I noticed the difference right away. Tried the rain with the same results. Any way it is working now and looks good. Thanks to all that offered help. Much appreciated

Cheers

Nelson