Sign in to follow this  
nelsly

Preciptitfx doesn't work with p3D patch

Hi, ok success :lol:  Don't really know what happened, here is what I did. Deleted the 8 files in p3d texture folder. Ran the installer and it said a new ver was available so I downloaded it. The ver is 1.2.0.13.  W ent through the motions and ran P3D. As soon as I put the snow effect on I noticed the difference right away. Tried the rain with the same results. Any way it is working now and looks good. Thanks to all that offered help. Much appreciated

Cheers

Nelson

Thank you for your patience and ingenuity! 

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Keven, can you confirm you are actively working with the LM devs on making the other effects work in P3D2 please? Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Keven, can you confirm you are actively working with the LM devs on making the other effects work in P3D2 please? Cheers K

Hi Kevin,

We are trying to get in contact with LM, without success as of now.

Thanks for asking!

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I've posted on the LM forum asking why...

Do you have any idea why the prop/jet wash and wheelspray effects don't work under P3D2 Keven please?

Thanks K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I've posted on the LM forum asking why...

Do you have any idea why the prop/jet wash and wheelspray effects don't work under P3D2 Keven please?

Thanks K

Like many people on the P3D forum, we know what the problem is in the sim... Some made videos about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyZ8dzOm3rw

Obviously, we don't have access to the internals of the platform. We don't know if it's an easy fix or something that would take much longer.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Help--same issue for me:  installed the PrecipitFX into P3D V2.2, install seemed to go fine except I noticed the FSX radial buttons were not grayed out, so I deselected them and left the P3D ones selected, but all rain/snow are the same as prior to the install.  Uninstalled, reinstalled but this time the FSX radial buttons were grayed out, so I reinstalled P3D ones, but alas, rain/snow textures are the same ;o(

Please elaborate what to do with this.  I only have P3D installed, not FSX.

Thanks, standing by for the correct solution...

Noel

ADDENDUM:  got it--I had to uninstall the app, not just the textures thru using the app, reinstall the app and now all's well.  Much better textures ;o)

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Hi Kevin, although I've had occasion to reinstall PrecipitFX twice before and its been OK I have Noels problem this time. It didn't work first time (nor were there any backed up files in the P3D texture folder) so I ran your 'uninstaller', then re-ran your programme again and this time I found that the 8 backup rain files were present in the texture folder, but no change visually, still the aweful default rain. Likewise with the snow. Its got me foxed as it appears to have installed correctly. Trust me I know the difference between yours and the default! 

Any suggestions? Btw, the reason I am reinstalling Precipit is that I upgraded to P3d 2.5 today along with the two curent hotfixes i.e. to xx44. In case that's the problem somehow.

Rgds

Gareth