Sign in to follow this  
cavdrkz24

Missing certificate/ authentication code?

Hey everyone,  So i apologize if this has been covered before and I failed to find the correct thread. I checked the PMDG knowledge base and still couldn't find anything to remedy this.  I did a fresh install of FSX recently, and now I cannot use my PMDG 777, or any other PMDG product I have. When I try, it asks me for an activation code, and then tells me that I am missing the file to use the aircraft and then shuts down my flight sim.  Now I looked on the website and found that you guys don't have email support anymore, so how do I go about doing this? I appreciate any help you folks can offer here. 

it asks me for an activation code, and then tells me that I am missing the file to use the aircraft and then shuts down my flight sim.

I'm unsure if you are referring to FSX needing an activation code/product key or PMDG. In any case, when you installed FSX you should have entered your product key and likewise when you installed the PMDG addons, you should have entered the activation code during the install. If when you try to select the aircraft within FSX and are then promoted with a field to enter a product key or something of the sort, you need to enter in the pertinent information that came with your order. If you have entered the license key before on other installations, there is a limit to how many times you can install under that key. At that point, you need to create a support ticket with PMDG to have a new license key issued to you or your current key if you've forgotten it. You can create a new support ticket with PMDG here: http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/

NOTE: you will need to create an account before creating a ticket, but that is helpful in keeping old tickets archived for future reference.

Now I looked on the website and found that you guys don't have email support anymore, so how do I go about doing this?

The Support > Product Support link from the main website sends you here: http://support.precisionmanuals.com/

...which is how we manage tickets, as email by itself is not the most efficient method of doing support.

If you can think of a way to make this easier to find, please let us know. That's not a dig at you. I'm just surprised at how many threads I've seen recently where people claim to not be able to find support. Since so many seem to be missing it somehow, I'm guessing there's room for improvement.

When I try, it asks me for an activation code, and then tells me that I am missing the file to use the aircraft and then shuts down my flight sim.

If it keeps prompting you for the activation code (assuming you're entering it), check to ensure you're running the sim as an administrator.

Kyle Rodgers

The Support > Product Support link from the main website sends you here: http://support.precisionmanuals.com/

...which is how we manage tickets, as email by itself is not the most efficient method of doing support.

If you can think of a way to make this easier to find, please let us know. That's not a dig at you. I'm just surprised at how many threads I've seen recently where people claim to not be able to find support. Since so many seem to be missing it somehow, I'm guessing there's room for improvement.

If it keeps prompting you for the activation code (assuming you're entering it), check to ensure you're running the sim as an administrator.

Okie dokie, I've tried running it as an Admin, no change. It kept coming up asking me for an activation code. As in, i'd go to Free flight, then go to pick my aircraft, i'd choose the PMDG 777-200ER, and then a pop up would ask me for an activation code.  Unfortunately I don't have the email confirmation from when I bought it, but PMDG should have some sort of name on file from the credit card purchase, shouldn't they? I can re-verify all of my info, but I think somehow my certificate was removed during the wipe. 

As for missing the support thread, perhaps making a sticky on the main portal? I think I saw 2 other stickies there, but this subject was not among them.  Again sorry for the repetitive question, just isn't an easy find on those forums lol. Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it :) 

Edited by cavdrkz24

Unfortunately I don't have the email confirmation from when I bought it, but PMDG should have some sort of name on file from the credit card purchase, shouldn't they? I can re-verify all of my info, but I think somehow my certificate was removed during the wipe. 

Log into your account at http://www.precisionmanuals.com/productcart/pc/viewcategories.asp

Your past orders and the relevant information will all be there.

Kyle Rodgers

And just like that I found the code. Thank you so much for your help with this, and nice work by the way. :)

You're welcome. Enjoy the flying!

...and thanks  :BigGrin:

Kyle Rodgers

Whoops, one more issue.  I entered the code and I got an "ERROR:flxActCommonRepairLocalTrustedStorage - (50044,71013,1)" Error.  No clue here lol  I've tried it multiple times, and even C&P'd the key from the site itself. Any ideas? 

Whoops, one more issue.  I entered the code and I got an "ERROR:flxActCommonRepairLocalTrustedStorage - (50044,71013,1)" Error.  No clue here lol  I've tried it multiple times, and even C&P'd the key from the site itself. Any ideas? 

haha - not a clue. Submit a ticket here: http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx . Ryan and Paul will likely know.

Kyle Rodgers