Sign in to follow this  
lensman

777 won't steer after landing

Hi All,

I apologize for asking this, but what is the trick to getting a 777 steering after it lands? I remember this being asked after shortly after it was released, but a bunch of searches did not turn up the original thread. In brief, I land OK, slow to a high-speed turnoff, but the nose wheel doesn't turn. The throttles also don't work unless I use the F3 and F4 keys. The throttles will then move in the cockpit view and the plane will roll. The joystick will not turn the front wheels, though. The brakes are not on, taxi and landing lights are on, no smoke or overtemp from the tires, I know it's something simple, but I dunno what it is. Thanks for any help!

dan davison

There should be a signature here, but the way life is going, who knows.

Autopilot  and auto throttles are off I take it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

If AP is still on you can not control steering. Make sure it is off. I have done that mistake a couple of times.

Also switch off the AT.

Per W Sweden

Hi Peter and Pau,

Yes, the autopilot is off -- that siren drives me crazy. I will double-check the auto-thrust: I'm 99.9% sure it's off. Thanks!

dan davison

Just tried it again - yes, AT and AP are off, FDs off, flaps up, The plane will respond to F1/F2/F3/F4, but not the throttle on the joystick. Nose landing gear still doesn't turn, so I can't get off the main runway.

Thanks for the hints, any other ideas?

dan davison

Thanks for the hints, any other ideas?

Are you calibrating your axes through FSUIPC?

Kyle Rodgers

Are you calibrating your axes through FSUIPC?

Mine are calibrated through FSUIPC and i don't have the same problem. It just sounds like improper calibration/setup, not necessarily the fact its through FSUIPC.

Mine are calibrated through FSUIPC and i don't have the same problem. It just sounds like improper calibration/setup, not necessarily the fact its through FSUIPC.

I wasn't saying FSUIPC was the problem directly. As you mentioned, it could be the calibration/setup of FSUIPC, which can be determined by pulling the FSUIPC.ini onto the desktop to let it build a vanilla file. It's just a step in troubleshooting, and not my end determination (if it were, I would've said "stop using FSUIPC").

Kyle Rodgers

on the noise Wheel steering thers a button that you have to press for it to engage.. i think..... Captain sim has a streath button function

on the noise Wheel steering thers a button that you have to press for it to engage.. i think..... Captain sim has a streath button function

Nope. Boeing uses lockout pins on the gear itself to achieve this purpose. There isn't a switch to throw as there is in a Dash 8, or a CRJ as and example.

Kyle Rodgers

Are your auto - coordination settings in FSX set to off? NWS uses the rudder function for the tiller.

Paul McGhee

Line pilot

Is your yoke in the 'down' position ? Click on top of the axe; yoke comes up in normal position and you can steer again.

Cheers,

Ben

Is your yoke in the 'down' position ? Click on top of the axe; yoke comes up in normal position and you can steer again.

That's not the type of steering that he's referring to. And even in the down position, the commands are still sent to the flight controls.

Kyle Rodgers

Check the autorudder option in fsx. Based on if you have rudder pedals it would need to be checked or unchecked.

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.