Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

FSUIPC with 737 NGX

Hi simmers i just purchased FSUIPC for my jetmax TQ737 thats coming very shortly, so just need a few questions asnswered. 

What should i assign FSUIPC with? all the controls and buttons? not sure whats recommended with FSUIPC and the 737 so any help will be great.

also should you use the joystick calibration for the controls....

cheers

also if i assign an axis assignment like the spoilers on the saitek throttle do i need to set it in the joystick calibration?

because if i do it and select reverse and deploy the spoilers i get the amber warning light and message in the ngx saying SPEEDBRAKE DO NOT ARM

thats after i fully retract the spoilers, the message is green at first then amber once the spoiler lever hits the bottom? any help peeps

Vernon Howells

I  received the   FANTASTIC 737 throttle from   cockpitforyou.com a week ago and have programmed all the functions through fsuipc.

spoiler, flaps, throttle and reversers through the  1) joystick calibration (first) and 2)  axis assignment

the rest functions (A/T dissengage, parking brake, TO/GA etc, ) through the buttons and keys assignment. Haven't so far programmed the trim wheels because i don't want it.

I had never before used fsuipc  , but  it took me very little time to  program all the functions.

Can't comment about the saitek function, i have configured my ACE 737 yoke through the default fsx menu.

My saitek is just temp until my 737 TQ arrives next week just before xmas :) 

see on the 737 TQ if you move the fuel cutoff levers to cutoff do they also move on the 737 ngx?

I've also ordered a 737 cockpit seat from oncealoft with sheep skin its in good condition with rails :) my build is going to be soo cool 

also i think fsuipc is causing my AP to disconnect. when i engage the AP on the ground a split second later both CWS yellow warning lights come on the FMA?

Vernon Howells

Every movement on the throttle is replicated in the NGX.

Haven't noticed so far any problem with the autopilot.

Post some pictures from your build

If i engage the AP on the ground is it normal in ngx for the CWS to come on the FMA...

Vernon Howells

Ok i have provided pics below through dropbox. when i uncheck reverse in fsuipc for spoilers for my saitek lever everything is working fine i get the green message....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/34c6z1y9vuhqgc0/2014-12-11_22-26-19-109.BMP?dl=0

But when i tick REVERSE in fsuipc so i can use my saitek lever the correct way up and soon as i deploy my level that amber message comes up....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3xjw0xnsoocnji/2014-12-11_22-26-30-933.BMP?dl=0

Vernon Howells

when i engage the AP on the ground

You can't engage Autopilot on the ground. You need to be a least 400 ft above AGL.

You can't engage Autopilot on the ground. You need to be a least 400 ft above AGL.

Of course you can't

I was just testing my fsuipc button to see if it disengages it and also that alarm

Vernon Howells

Of course you can't

I was just testing my fsuipc button to see if it disengages it and also that alarm

I am sorry. I thought that was a new Ryan Air SOP in the FCOM.