Sign in to follow this  
Claude Troncy

How to load a theme weather.

Bonjour,

I have saved a current weather as static theme, but I cannot find a way to load it.

When the live weather is enable, of course all the static weather themes facilities are disabled, but when I disable the engine, the weather button is dimmed, and it is not possible to access the static themes, and particularly the user specified one.

I am certainly doing something wrong, but what ?

Cheers

Claude

Claude Troncy

First note that the saved static theme is very limited as it only contains the information available inside the sim. We have not implemented our own Opus Static Themes yet which would save all global METARs along with GRIB Data. There is no such provision in the standard FSX and P3D themes.

As a result with OpusFSI the support for loading standard sim themes was mostly removed, they are just considered too limited and basic, no upper wind control etc..

You can however just copy the save WTB and WT files into your sims Weather\theme folder and load them as you would any other simulator static theme. Don't expect the same level of accuracy or upper wind and temp accuracy as you get with the LWE. Without supervision the sim will be left to its own devices. You should also be aware that the theme will not extend globally. If you want that you should investigate using the 'Import METARs From File' option and create your own import file with a single GLOB METAR in.

We will be implementing an Opus Static Theme in the future which will provide highly detailed and accurate global weather along with upper wind and temp data.

Stephen :-)