Sign in to follow this  
David Bourne

Engine height

Are the engines mounted so high on the real plane.   They seem really aloft from the virtual cockpit view.   They literally block the whole view.       Is the real plane like this?

tks

Are you talking about how the engines are mounted on the wings of the Seneca V? What view are they blocking?

I would bet the Carenado Model is an exact replica of the the real world version.

Take a look at the recent Avsim review of the Carenado Seneca V.  It is full of real world photos and several screenshots of the flight sim model. You should be able to determine your answer there.  I suggest the watch the linked videos of the real world models and see how the engines are mounted on the wings.  Looks normal to me.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Are you talking about how the engines are mounted on the wings of the Seneca V? What view are they blocking?

Yes, they seem to be mounted very high on the wing Ray, and also seem larger in scale, than in most other models.   But I'm not making comparisons against real world experience here, just expectations and assumptions I guess.    When I talk of blocking the view, I mean that in a B58 or C310, you look 'over' the engines, across to the horizon.     In this Seneca, the engine is blocking the horizon, so unless you're banked in a turn, you have no peripheral view to the sides.  

But as I say, I'm not suggesting it's "wrong" if people know otherwise - just that it feels/looks odd.

I don't see them as too big, too high, or out of proportion myself. You have to compare it with something, so I suggest there is nothing better than the real thing for size and wing mounting height and location. Look at the videos linked in the review and one has some nice close up views.

But, as stated earlier, I think the Seneca V is correctly modeled.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I think they are too high.

Jim

CYWG