Sign in to follow this  
felony44

running 3 monitors (eyefinity) question about the side monitors resolution

I found something today in my FSX.cfg file I found interesting so I have a question.

I run eyefinity with 4 monitors 3 for cockpit and one up top which is unuseable (goes black) during flight unless I run window mode. Now I noticed that the left and right monitors have a skewed view distorted may be a better term everything in those monitors are larger as if the resolution doesnt match the main monitor. here is what I found

[DISPLAY.Device.AMD Radeon R9 200 Series.0.0]
Mode=1024x768x32
Anisotropic=1
[DISPLAY.Device.AMD Radeon R9 200 Series.0.1]
Mode=1280x800x32
Anisotropic=1
[DISPLAY.Device.AMD Radeon R9 200 Series.2]
Mode=1024x768x32
Anisotropic=1
[DISPLAY.Device.AMD Radeon R9 200 Series.3]
Mode=1024x768x32

Notice the number of displays listed 4 I have 4 monitors also the resolution to all but one of the monitors is the same, does anyone think if I changed the 1024s to match the 1200 it would change the view out of my right and left monitor? just a shot in the dark but wanted to know what others think.

Thanks
Al 

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Monitors, Video Cards and Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Notice the number of displays listed 4 I have 4 monitors also the resolution to all but one of the monitors is the same, does anyone think if I changed the 1024s to match the 1200 it would change the view out of my right and left monitor? just a shot in the dark but wanted to know what others think.

Hi Al.

Something wrong here if you are running Eyefinity 3+1.

There should be only two "monitors" listed, the Eyefinity group and the single other one.

Are those resolutions you list correct for each of your monitors?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I have 3 1920x1080 monitors that run in fsx. The 4th monitor is 1600x1050. So where those rez. Come from I'm not sure. I can tell you the left and right monitors have a sorta fish eye effect I have been told there is no way around that.

I have 3 1920x1080 monitors that run in fsx. The 4th monitor is 1600x1050. So where those rez. Come from I'm not sure. I can tell you the left and right monitors have a sorta fish eye effect I have been told there is no way around that.

That fish-eye effect is unavoidable with FSX and very wide resolutions.

Best you can do is not zoom out too far.

Apart for the weird resolutions you list in your first post do you have the

5760x1080 (if not bevel corrected) and 1600x1050 resolutions also listed somewhere in your fsx.cfg?

If you do you could delete those other four from the fsx.cfg just in case they are making things worse than they might be.

As always make a fsx.cfg backup first.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I have 5760x1080 for the 3 main monitors the 4th goes black during full screen if I window I run Vatspy on that monitor. And no I don't see the 1680x1050 listed in the config. You think if I back up I have nothing to lose by deleting it? Also do you run 1 screen or 3 I'm trying to see what may be the best way to run. 3 monitors in the 737 pmdg full screen with ASN once in the air 20-30fps locked at 30. I can't use ORBX in this set it kills FPS

I have 5760x1080 for the 3 main monitors the 4th goes black during full screen if I window I run Vatspy on that monitor. And no I don't see the 1680x1050 listed in the config. You think if I back up I have nothing to lose by deleting it? Also do you run 1 screen or 3 I'm trying to see what may be the best way to run. 3 monitors in the 737 pmdg full screen with ASN once in the air 20-30fps locked at 30. I can't use ORBX in this set it kills FPS

As long as you make a backup of the fsx.cfg probably easiest to just delete it and let FSX build a new one when it starts.

You will have to reset a lot of your other settings in FSX too of course.

When FSX first starts after you delete the fsx.cfg make sure you first go to the display settings page in FSX and set the resolution for each display individually from the drop down list of monitors and from the drop down list of resolutions.

Do this before you start flying.

The Eyefinity group will have 5760x1080 32bit listed at the bottom. Chose that.

Chose 1600x1050 (or the highest one there) 32bit for the other one.

I used to run triple monitors in nvidia surround but am now using a 48" single TV.

Very much a personal call on which is better.

Certainly a 1080 TV/monitor is a lot better on frame rates than a triple setup.

gb.