Sign in to follow this  
olderndirt

Initial confusion.

Bought the software yesterday 12/10 and have a few questions.  My first download had broken files so your Michael suggested not using Internet Download Manager (been great so far) which I did, using Firefox browser instead.  It appeared to install normally but my opening screen revealed a black 'tall grass' effect along the runway and black particles for the snow.  Once airborne, the black grass disappeared and the snow effect lightened but not to the color of snow.  Is this normal?  The manual infers there are five intensities of precip - are these adjustable and if so how?  My weather textures are REX4 but using the default engine - any suggestions here?

Bought the software yesterday 12/10 and have a few questions.  My first download had broken files so your Michael suggested not using Internet Download Manager (been great so far) which I did, using Firefox browser instead.  It appeared to install normally but my opening screen revealed a black 'tall grass' effect along the runway and black particles for the snow.  Once airborne, the black grass disappeared and the snow effect lightened but not to the color of snow.  Is this normal?  The manual infers there are five intensities of precip - are these adjustable and if so how?  My weather textures are REX4 but using the default engine - any suggestions here?

Hi, we received your email, we will continue the conversation there. thanks!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

The manual infers there are five intensities of precip - are these adjustable and if so how?  

What manual - not finding it - any help as to where it is would be great

Rich Sennett

What manual - not finding it - any help as to where it is would be great

The manual (PDF) is one of three items in the download.

Eula

Manual

PrecipitX.exe

Your unzipped folder will have it.

The manual (PDF) is one of three items in the download.

Eula

Manual

PrecipitX.exe

Your unzipped folder will have it.

Ah thanks

Yes I see this but I dont think there is away to change anything its built in I guess

The rain and snow textures have been completely revamped and enhanced with PrecipitFX.
There are five intensities of rain and snow. The textures replace the original Flight Simulator X
and Prepar3D textures. Therefore, they appear under rain and snow conditions.

Rich Sennett