Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Flight Toolkit 1.0.27

A new feature and some bug fixes!  This latest version adds the ability for community members to submit their own aerocaches.  These go into a "pending approval" list and then I will need to make them "approved" before they show up for anyone in Flight.  To do this, run the Addon Manager, and then go to Edit->Aerocache Editor.  You will see a list of aeroacaches that have already been submitted (right now there should be only one), and you can click "Add Aerocache" to submit your own.  Once we have a few in there I would like to do a vote in the community for their favorites and then I will turn them into real aerocaches.

1.0.27.0 - (Multiplayer, but no aerocaches)

www.flighttoolkit.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/FlightToolkit_1_0_27_0.zip

1.0.27.5 - (No multiplayer, but aerocaches and no GFWL keys)

www.flighttoolkit.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/FlightToolkit_1_0_27_5.zip

Changes

General:

- Added the ability to view and add your own aerocaches to a pending list.

- Fixed some memory leak bugs in some of the conversion tools.

Non-GFWL version only:

- Fixed a bug where not having any enabled DLC would cause Flight to get stuck at the loading screen after logging in.

- Changed the behavior so missing an AddonConfiguration.xml file would just be treated as not having DLC installed.

- Added some more error messages.

Great news. Thank you Steve.

Now all you aerocache authors get busy. This will be a great new addition to our sim.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Thanks to Paul for reporting an error with these.  Apparently I was too quick to release them :)

I updated the installers.  If you have already downloaded the toolkit please manually uninstall it and then re-download and install these again.

When you guys get a chance, can you try out this build?  It is sort of beta and possibly unstable due to the changes.

www.flighttoolkit.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/FlightToolkit_1_0_28.zip

I attempted to merge the GFWL and Non-GFWL into a single installer.  At the end of the installation you should see a dialog pop that asks which Flight configuration you want.  The options are:

Unmodified - This is basically the same as not having the toolkit installed.  You probably almost never want this one.

OfficialGFWL - This is the same as the previous GFWL enabled installer (1.0.*.0 versioned installers).  You can use multiplayer features with this, but won't get aerocaches.

NonGFWL - This is the same as the previous Non-GFWL enabled installer (1.0.*.5 versioned installers).  You cannot use multiplayer, but aerocaches will work and you don't need a Live access key.

I also added the ability to switch between them easily without having to reinstall.  From the Addon Manager you can change the configuration in the toolbar drop down.  You will see an admin prompt pop after this if you have UAC on.  Make sure Flight is not running when you do this.

Steve

Hi Folks

Steve -
Cheers for your latest.
Ability to switch between modes is useful.

Profile/Career bug issues -

Before installation, or switching between modes,
user's Profile/Career folder is not backed up to user drive

OfficialGFWL -

Every time the user switches from NonGFWL to OfficialGFWL
they restart an entirely new career.

That OfficialGFWL career persists & progresses
only as long as they never switch back to NonGFWL.

All missions/jobs/challenges are set as unflown.

Aircraft paints are locked.

NonGFWL -

NonGFWL career profile loses some data -
- Favourite Aircraft Type
- Favourite Aircraft Hours
- Unique Aircraft Flown
- Airports Visited

All missions/jobs/challenges are set as unflown.

Aircraft paints are not locked.

HTH
ATB
Paul

Are you using the same user profile for both?  That is an expected and known issue.  If using different profiles, then that shouldn't happen.

In OfficialGFWL mode, the files get hashed and encrypted using a GFWL specific method.  If you use NonGFWL those hashes get overwritten, and then they won't load any more in the OfficialGFWL version.  I recommend creating one profile for each if you are going to use both modes often.

If this is what people are doing, then I may be able to think of a way to separate the profiles (or at least show in the NonGFWL UI which profile is which), but you will never be able to have one profile that you can switch back and forth between the modes.

Hi Steve

These attempts were using the same profile for both.

As the bin and hash files had matching timestamps

I'd thought the new switcher might accomodate this.

I've been using non-GFWL since its first release,

so my profile has diverged substantially from GFWL.

An occasional multiplayer session would be nice.

Thanks for your continued hard work.

ATB
Paul

Thanks for all of your dedication and hard work Steve! I am currently converting and there seems to be no major errors. Hopefully I can test it out soon! This is a massive step forward! 2015 is looking good for MS Flight!