Sign in to follow this  
uhntissbaby111

FSX2Xplane Help

I decided today I would try my hand at finally converting some of my FSX scenerys over to Xplane with FSX2Xplane. I read some topics and watched some youtube and figured it looked fairly straight forward enough. Well i was wrong haha, its a little more difficult than it looks. I converted over my AS EDDM and DD EPKK, and i managed to get them converted and i can see them, however there is stuff wrong with it. I tried figuring out how to use overlay editor to fix it and that is where the troubles lay. For EPKK, things look pretty good until i zoom out a little and then the airport gets covered by grass. So sitting on the runway at first glance its good, however halfway down the runway is "sunken" under the grass, and then when i pan out the taxiways and aprons get sunken as well. And with EDDM it seems like certain things are covered in grass as well. How do i go about fixing this? Thanks

Hi there,

I'm out of town on my cell phone and can't copy a link, but look in the x-pane tips and tricks forum, and read the thread on understanding scenery order. It might be helpful to you. Not sure if that's causing your issue, but may help.

Best, Jeff

You probably need to disable the runways follow contours option, as the mesh is probably different than what the original author in FSX intended. Also, as in most cases, you'll need to edit the scenery yourself and fix some conversion issues. Try opening up the airport in OverlayEditor http://marginal.org.uk/x-planescenery/tools.html and see if you can see what the culprit is. You can delete the offending objects if they cause problems or move them around.

Thanks for the replies. Disabling the runway follow contours didnt do the trick. Its so weird, because the airport in a 100 meter or so radius around my viewpoint is all there, and then when zooming out it just fades away into a grass field. I will try playing some more with OverLayEditor and see what i can do.

PS Tony, i also tried some Wolrd2Xplane sceneries last night, Germany and Poland, and WOW!!!!! Thank you so much for creating that wonderful program. I have never seen anything like it before. I compared pictures from the sim with google earth and i could pick out actual buildings from real life!! And finally cities in Poland actually look real. Flying over Krakow and seeing the castle was amazing, i truly love it!! And one question, if i install OSM Europe from Simheaven, will it interfere with World2Xplane? Or does OSM europe know to give World2Xplane priority? Thanks

and then when zooming out it just fades away into a grass field

It could be the LOD distance or the fact that it is at exactly the same position as another object. If you want, you can upload it somewhere and I'll take a look and see if I can work it out.

Flying over Krakow and seeing the castle was amazing, i truly love it!! And one question, if i install OSM Europe from Simheaven, will it interfere with World2Xplane? Or does OSM europe know to give World2Xplane priority?

Some of the Polish cities have lots of 3D objects, check out Warszawa and the detail on some of the objects, e.g. the detail on the Stadion Narodowy (http://demo.f4map.com/#lat=52.2408064&lon=21.0452993&zoom=18&camera.theta=79.721), it's mind boggling that somebody added this into OSM, it must have taken hours :smile:

Regarding OSM Europe, generally you shouldn't use both together as they both cover exactly the areas. However, if you do use them, make sure you place OSM Europe below the World2XPlane scenery for it work correctly. But, if you're not using the OSM Europe region, e.g. World2XPlane covers the entire country you're flying, disable it, as it will make X-Plane load a little faster.

Thanks for the replies. Disabling the runway follow contours didnt do the trick. Its so weird, because the airport in a 100 meter or so radius around my viewpoint is all there, and then when zooming out it just fades away into a grass field. I will try playing some more with OverLayEditor and see what i can do.

PS Tony, i also tried some Wolrd2Xplane sceneries last night, Germany and Poland, and WOW!!!!! Thank you so much for creating that wonderful program. I have never seen anything like it before. I compared pictures from the sim with google earth and i could pick out actual buildings from real life!! And finally cities in Poland actually look real. Flying over Krakow and seeing the castle was amazing, i truly love it!! And one question, if i install OSM Europe from Simheaven, will it interfere with World2Xplane? Or does OSM europe know to give World2Xplane priority? Thanks

Hi there, 3 tips that might help:

1- Sometimes removing the apt.dat file from Earth Nav Data folder helps. this will leave you with default XPX runways and taxiways. But be careful because if you remove a .dat file you need to remove any other .dat file with it within the folder.

2- Disable runway s follow terrain contour without reloading the scenery again will not change anything. A reload is required to see the effects.

3- WED is a program that allows you to edit the ground of an airport or the apt.dat which is bascially the groud airport file (i tried it but for editing simple stuff only on runways)

Regards,

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Thanks Tony and Toufic for the help. I tried messing around with stuff and couldnt get it going, so i just removed the airport. I think Tony you are right with it being LOD related, but like i said, within 100 meters or so everything shows up beautifully and then when you zoom out the apron, taxiways,and runways fade into a grass field and only buildings and trees remain. And yes Tony, I did see Warszawa, it looks awesome. Wroclaw and Poznan looked nice too. It may not show every single building, and im not sure i would want that as i think my PC would explode, but it definitely has more than enough detail that i could recognize each city from real life experience, and that is awesome! For once Polska looks like Polska!

Thanks Tony and Toufic for the help. I tried messing around with stuff and couldnt get it going, so i just removed the airport. I think Tony you are right with it being LOD related, but like i said, within 100 meters or so everything shows up beautifully and then when you zoom out the apron, taxiways,and runways fade into a grass field and only buildings and trees remain. And yes Tony, I did see Warszawa, it looks awesome. Wroclaw and Poznan looked nice too. It may not show every single building, and im not sure i would want that as i think my PC would explode, but it definitely has more than enough detail that i could recognize each city from real life experience, and that is awesome! For once Polska looks like Polska!

Just wondering if you ever found a fix for this issue I have the same thing going on at Taxi2Gate TKPK

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I'm generally happy if I am left with the buildings and objects after a conversion. I usually remove the imported ground textures (Overlay Editor)and use the XP ground layout which leaves me with a perfectly workable compromise. I'll usually tinker with the ground layout (WED) to get the best of both worlds. Compromises have to be made with conversions, they just don't come across perfect. Takes a little tinkering.

Found a fix for it you have to adjust the LOD in the objects files

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.