Sign in to follow this  
kneighbour

Aircraft Pilot Manuals?

I am surprised that there are no more topics on this problem than there is. I have only looked at a few Carenado models, and I have been very disappointed in that they provide close to no documentation on the aircraft. How they expect people to fly them without a manual is puzzling. But people do, so I am asking those people - where do you find the manuals?

I am particularly looking for manuals on the B1900D and the C208B Grand Caravan. I got the C208B because it is such a popular aircraft on FSEconomy. I would have thought manuals would be easy to find in that case, but no.

I have found a C208B manual on the Cessna website, but it is for the current model with the G1000 glass screen. Not this much older model.

It is a puzzle to me as Carenado are otherwise known to produce very nice looking aircraft.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

I Google things like "How to fly C208", "C208 Flying Guide", "How to land C208", "C208 POH", etc, etc.  I also go to YouTube and look for "C208 ILS", "C208 landing".  Stuff like that.

With patience I find most of what I need.  I do that before I buy any airplane but, especially, Carenado.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I Google things like "How to fly C208", "C208 Flying Guide", "How to land C208", "C208 POH", etc, etc.  I also go to YouTube and look for "C208 ILS", "C208 landing".  Stuff like that.

With patience I find most of what I need.

And so do I. And I have pretty much everything I need for all of my other aircraft. ie PC-12, 732, A320Neo, etc. But I am having a surprisingly hard time finding manuals for these two aircraft in particular.

Watching Youtube is not much use - I need all the technical details. I know how to fly ILS and all that sort of stuff. I do not need flying lessons. I need the Pilot Information Manual or Pilot Operating Manuals.

I was hoping that a lot of other simmers are in the same boat and have already chanced upon these manuals and would not mind sharing a link.

EDIT : my other point was I cannot understand how Carendo expect people to fly these aircraft without such manuals.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

http://www.redskyventures.org/doc/cessna-poh/Cessna_208_C208_675HP_1998_POH_Cessna-Caravan-updated-to-2004.pdf

I Google'd "C208 Manual" - the first couple of results provided the link above which is an 1112- page ops manual dated 2004, so it may be the type you're looking

for. Not sure. You may have it already. There were other

results for similar manuals.

Mark

There were several other results which might help.

Mark

http://www.redskyventures.org/doc/cessna-poh/Cessna_208_C208_675HP_1998_POH_Cessna-Caravan-updated-to-2004.pdf

I Google'd "C208 Manual" - the first couple of results provided the link above which is an 1112- page ops manual dated 2004, so it may be the type you're looking

for. Not sure. You may have it already. There were other

results for similar manuals.

Yes, I do actually have that manual. When I looked at it, it seemed to just include a whole bunch of random supplements. But when I looked at it again now, lost in amongst all the supplements is the stuff I am looking for.

So thanks for making me look again!

I have the same issues... lots of time on google even for what are considered the 'simple' airplanes!

Sill Carenado does not deliver the information one expects. I recently bought the Carenado SR22 GTSx Turbo HD Series, stating all the documents are inside a folder called "Carenado" which is in the FSX root folder. But that are just checklists.

So if there is somebody out there with a step by step guide how to fly this plane, please help me.