Sign in to follow this  
Elsmoko

C208 Version differences ?

Interested in buying a Carenado C208.

What are the major differences between the "EX" version and the "HD" version? Seems there is

a significant price difference ~:) Which version is the newer version ? I noticed there is FedEx

livery available for the "HD" version (requiring Cargomaster). Is there a FedEx livery available

for the "EX" version ? Which version is generally more feature rich and bug free ?

Thank you,

Ken Boardman

Ken Boardman

Hey Ken, not sure about the differences in the features (they are from Carenado ;) ).

The EX version is the newer one, the HD being at least a couple of years older.

The HD (which I own for FSX) runs a steam gauge panel and with the Cargo expansion includes a cargo variant and a couple of cargo liveries. The FDE that ships with the HD kinda sucks but there is a freeware FDE that makes it fly a lot better. I mainly bought and used this version for use with Air Hauler before making the jump to P3D a couple of years ago.

The EX (which I do not own), looks to run the G1000 and does not seem to have a cargo variant according to the website.

I did thoroughly enjoy the HD version for FSX with the aftermarket FDE, but I don't fly it anymore on account of mainly running P3D now.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I did thoroughly enjoy the HD version for FSX with the aftermarket FDE, but I don't fly it anymore on account of mainly running P3D now.

Do you remember where you got the FDE from?  I've been eyeing this plane right now as well since it's on sale.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

I think it's available right on the Carenado website after you buy it as an optional patch, but I'm not sure if it's available any other way. A Google search might prove fruitful?

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Is the208B  HD version on the list to be made P3D V4 compatible and will it include the cargo pack???

I miss this plane :)

Capt. Robert Rixx

On 10.3.2015 at 11:38 PM, caraguia said:

Hello pmanhart,

Carenado Gran Caravan HD series is fully compatible with P3D.

^_^

I think you are mistaken there. The c208 ex hd is p3dv4 ready. The first version c208 fsx/p3d hd series is not. I used it in p3d v2.5 but it has transparent panel in v4. I figure it is from a business perspective they ditch the first version so they can sell more of the ex hd version. They upgraded the c337 skymaster to p3dv4 that was released around the same time as the first version of c208 fsx/p3d hd. But then again they only ever had 1 version of the skymaster. So this means if I want to use their grand caravan in v4 I have to buy the same plane, or at least the same type twice. There are some avionic differences between the 2 versions (maybe more) but still, buying the same plane twice isnt very good. Reminds me of captain sim business model.

On ‎16‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 8:38 PM, FireRx said:

I miss this plane :)

Don't worry. It will be converted for v4. :)