Sign in to follow this  
lgvdbroek

Sound stops

Hi guys,

I have an irritating "problem"

I fly with the PMDG737NGX combined with FSCommander 9.4 on a second monitor.

But when I move the mouse to the second monitor the sound of my PMDG737 stops.

It has nothing to do with the FSX selectionbox "PAUSE ON EXIT" because thats off.

On the site of 1Flightproducts I found a tool ± € 15,= called "Soundstream", to continue the sound.

But thats only working with the iFly737.

With all my other airplanes the sound doesn't stop when I move my mouse to my second monitor.

Only the PMDG stops.

Please help me because I love to fly with the PMDG737NGX

Leo, Rotterdam, The Netherlands

No answers? I have the same issue Leo describes, it is 'workable' but it would be great if there is a solution for this problem....

Cheers, Marc

Leo-

We use a custom sound process and I'm betting that when FSX loses the window focus- it causes the sound to lose focus in the DX sound engine.

I don't know that any of us use either of those products unfortunately, so i cannot test for you.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guys,

We added an option in the 777's version of our custom sound processor to do this - as Robert surmised above, it has to do with the sounds not playing unless the processor (via FSX) has focus in the OS. This is something that would need to be added in a future NGX update - there's no way to do it without similar code to the 777 being used.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com