Sign in to follow this  
sevenflyer

Damaged Texture Files

Hi Folks:

As a result of a recent power failure, several files on my hard drive were damaged. One of these was an FSX texture file. It is Scenery\World\texture\007B2HW3. I have both installation discs of FSX Deluxe. Does anyone know where on these discs this might be located? It would be nice if I could extract it and replace it without having to repair or re-install FSX.

- Roger

That link is for FS9.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

The files in the .cab archives on the installation disk are encrypted, so there's no chance for easily unextracting them.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Oh Wow.

If that is the case, does anyone have a copy of this they would like to donate? It is Scenery\World\texture\007B2HW3

You could delete that file, make a copy of 007B2HW2.bmp and rename it to 007B2HW3.bmp.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Hi Jim:

Thanks so much for this.

I was one of the luckier ones, I didn't have any issues for many years running FSX. A few weeks ago, I had a power failure while I was using FSX during one of our nastier storms, and when I restarted the computer after power was restored, scan disc reported several issues - some of which I noted were FSX issues. Shortly after that, I noticed I've had severe stutters - in certain geographical areas. I deleted scenery entries -no luck, changed config files, went back to older video card drivers and tried everything I could think of to narrow the cause of the issue. No luck. Researching in the Avsim forums, I found an older post from Jim Young which recommended using "procmon" to narrow the scope of the problem (Thanks so much Jim !!!).  I used "procmon" to see what errors were occurring when the severe stutters occurred.This file was one of the error entries which was logged at that time frame, When I went to look it up in my FSX files, the file was there, but  I could not get "DXTBmp" to open it  (DXTBmp froze trying to open the file, but it would open the surrounding files with no problems). So I'm hoping this is a step towards the cure.

- Roger

Hello Folks:

Looks like mission accomplished. Thanks to Jim Young for the idea and Jim F for supplying the replacement file. I've been able to complete my first flight in several weeks in the northern hemisphere with no stutters of any kind!!!

Thanks again folks, you're fantastic!

- Roger