Sign in to follow this  
WebSimConnect

Dynamic Textures in P3D

Would be sweet to get dirt on tires and spray on the aircraft from muddy bush strips! And insects on the windscreen and leading edges :)

Hm, "in flight movies" for your virtual pax? :Just Kidding:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Dynamic advertising in scenery! Perhaps that could reduce some costs, or make it worthwhile to do niche scenery that would otherwise be uneconomic to do?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Wow, that is really a nice. You demo really shows the potential for this. What about performance with this technology?

Bob

I for one will totally welcome live ads in scenery - couldn't wait for it as long as the performance hit is minimal and the amount of ads are not excessive. Those live ads would add so much to the immersion! It's so strange to consider the fact that in P3D/FSX world having ads can be a real plus.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

I for one will totally welcome live ads in scenery - couldn't wait for it as long as the performance hit is minimal and the amount of ads are not excessive. Those live ads would add so much to the immersion! It's so strange to consider the fact that in P3D/FSX world having ads can be a real plus.

Yes, a new way for 3rd party devs to sell their product. They give it to you free and they you pay to have the ads removed. Wow, interesting effective way to demo your products and make money at at the same time.

bob

if this live texture/ad thing goes well we may have to pay developer for the ad-enabled version b/c it is so cool to have real life ads flashing on the billboards..

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Thx All,

a short word on the performance.

1) It runs in the separate process, using DX11, deferred context. i.e. as much as possible with GPU support. As P3D is DX11 enabled, no GPU "compatibility" problem.

2) When using WebGL, the performance is even better. There are lots of libraries to simplify WebGL programming.

3) Of course, once you put too much content, then the performance will drop. It is up to the developer to build the logic and not to enable too many dynamic stuff at a time for example, imagine you have engine that changes the textures with not too much insensitivity (e.g. dynamic billboard adds changing on every minute) then the performance loss is close to zero ! Once the texture is updated it stays in GPU memory and behaves as any static texture loaded from file. For the moment I do not support mipmaps, but it should not be a big deal to add it to the solution.

Feel free to apply to your scenario.  I am here to support your "imagination"

Hm, "in flight movies" for your virtual pax? Just%20Kidding.gif

I'd say, how about "fly in" theatres  :D

br

Marcin

Lots of potential here!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale