Sign in to follow this  
WebSimConnect

Dynamic Textures in P3D

Exactly billboards that update on approach

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

It could be used for all the scenery in Vegas and Times Square as well... I would also love to see this used as a solution for rain on the windscreen textures...

I really think this could be revolutionary. Up to now, the P3D/FSX world has no connection to our real world (except for real time weather plug-ins?). Once the scenery finalized, it's frozen in the time it was created in.

Now, with this dynamic texture thing, real world information like ads, news, video, websites, can be relayed into the world of P3D/FSX in real time. That's thrilling at least...

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Is or does the HTML5 in the dynamic texture have any interactability outside of the add-on window? This could be interesting for EFBs or loading up charts during flight in the in-game environment. You could have a virtual iPad in your virtual plane in the virtual world to access real-world data.

I'm not sure how keen I am for in-game advertisements. I think they would have to be very tastefully done. I like the idea that FlightSimmDimm had about Vegas and NYC. I'll add Tokyo or Hong Kong to that list. Some places could really see some cool little touches.

I can almost imagine A2A getting their hands wet with this and integrating it with AccuSim to simulate more life and wear into their planes.

Far out, this amazing tech demo and all you guys can think of is ads in the sim!?  :P

Hopefully devs will implement better uses than that! :D There's lots of potential here.

Is or does the HTML5 in the dynamic texture have any interactability outside of the add-on window? This could be interesting for EFBs or loading up charts during flight in the in-game environment. You could have a virtual iPad in your virtual plane in the virtual world to access real-world data

Sure, I made a sample project called WebSimChart, pity I had not come to an agreement with skyvector owner (even for payware) to use it as I did in the video below:

of course it could be integrated in VC as any of my window.

I really think this could be revolutionary. Up to now, the P3D/FSX world has no connection to our real world (except for real time weather plug-ins?). Once the scenery finalized, it's frozen in the time it was created in.

That's the point. Connectivity ! and it is the HTML and HTTP that we use for that purpose most of the time. On top of that simplicity to define graphical content behind HTML5 and acceptable performance. That was my spirit when I started my work on it.

thanks all for your feedback. It looks like "rain drops" are quite important as this feature is missing as from FS9. I could build simple website using VCRainStop/Moving000* textures. The problem is I do not have FS9 any my FSX and P3D textures are "blank". Maybe somebody could help me on this ...

regards

Marcin

Just an "FYI"... product placement... costs money, lots of money. Doesn't matter if it's an advertisement in public view in Times Square... if you want to incorporate it into a product, you'll have to pay the owner of the product for the placement.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Forget ads. Too much of that outside of Flight Sim without having to endure it within as well.

I could see the dynamic textures being used for say Airport terminal windows whereby rather than a static texture we could have a moving one to simulate passenger movement.

Could it also be used to introduce real world aircraft flight plans (perhaps using Flight aware tracking information) to inject AI traffic. In theory we could sit and watch traffic arriving and departing at somewhere like Heathrow. Perhaps apply a filter so that only selected airlines and or aircraft types are used so limiting the required model set.

Some very exciting possibilities if one thinks outside the box.

Cheers

Steve Hall

I'd be good for devs to advertise their other sceneries like have a bilboard on approach that says travel to x location see x website for details

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I'd be good for devs to advertise their other sceneries like have a bilboard on approach that says travel to x location see x website for details

Why on earth would you want to see that while flight simming? Would you not already have the scenery in the first place in order to see the billboard? Where would it all end?

Cheers

Steve Hall

That is for me a new feature that can be help full for gauge creation, navigation and finally a good implementation for scenery designer, imagine those panel at the gate where you can start a counter for your time of departure and destination announcement even connected with you VA.

You can even change a set of texture for building and create different one's for the customisation like old and dirt or new without reloading time.

There is endless opportunity with this.

The problem is somewhere related to our brain that need to be more elastic to think at those new opportunity, but this is another story, otherwise we wouldn't land on the moon.