Sign in to follow this  
ricktorbe

Dead Water

Thank you Richard.

Your welcome Rick anytime Buddy

Rich Sennett

Anyone know if the REX update has "fixed" the wave animation in P3D?

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Anyone know if the REX update has "fixed" the wave animation in P3D?

Dynamic wave animations have always worked in P3D 2.x--they just stop animating once you're over a certain altitude.  

Any idea when the full REX Essential Plus SP3 build will be uploaded to my FSS account, Reed?

Christopher:  make sure you have a copy of SP2 just in case--I apparently did something wrong (had grid something enabled and shouldn't have they say)--but the weather engine was terrible slow and other anomalies, so was happy to find they hadn't uploaded SP3 build of E+ to my acct.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Hi Noel, maybe for those of you who's water animation works fine (visible), perhaps you guys can post your settings. I have my animation and effects high and.. Tried several REX effects, no difference, even in windy days.  And this is at any height... whether it be 10 feet, 500 feet, 6,000 ..etc. Dead , stagnant, horrible; just a deep blue painting.  

Dead , stagnant, horrible; just a deep blue painting.  

Yes pretty much what everyone is seeing - hoping for something much better eventually

Rich Sennett

Hopefully REX comes along and help on this.

I think that is number 1 priority on next update - hang in there buddy

Rich Sennett

SIMAIR! LOL.... Sorry, couldn't resist :)

That is a good one!  LOL.   SIMAIR IS NOT DEAD though, just for those who chime in and ask.

Any idea when the full REX Essential Plus SP3 build will be uploaded to my FSS account, Reed?

We have sent the files to the vendors last Friday.  Adrian at FSS stated he should have it up this week for REX Ess.  I also have confirmations from Simmarket, PCAviator, and FSPilotshop.   We have not heard back from Sim-Planet yet.

Reed, Ive had REX Essentials Plus on FSX for a long time. Then I bought REX4 thinking it "was the next big thing" Can I have both installed at the same time? And if yes, which one Will the Sim go by? Or,who's settings and textures will it use?

Water Animation/ Water Flow: Back in the days with FS9, along came one of the greatest "Sim improvement guy"- Jeezus Altuve, Bojote...In fact a real Genius... Super smart, yet very humble (haven't seen any similar much recently.). The guy thought us how to manipulate the water XML to increase animation, height,direction, flow, speed, etc . I had a flow of years of excitement by adjusting the waters to my desire. The water animation look so impressive, I could swear I could dip my hand in the screen and touch water. Since then,never seen water that good. Today P3D's water literally makes me want to go back to FS2004.YES, that bad. I hope you guys can find a fix. I hope the Surprise you have is liVing Water.

Reed, Ive had REX Essentials Plus on FSX for a long time. Then I bought REX4 thinking it "was the next big thing" Can I have both installed at the same time? And if yes, which one Will the Sim go by? Or,who's settings and textures will it use?

You can pick and chose what textures from each product to have installed, but you can't have the same textures such as clouds from REX 3 or REX 4 installed at the same time.  One will overwrite the other.

Hopefully REX comes along and help on this.

Are you using REX Essential or REX 4 Texture Direct?  If REX Essential please install SP3 it has the wave animation fix.  If REX 4 Texture Direct, that will be released with SP4/Texture Update # 2 this week.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

You can pick and chose what textures from each product to have installed, but you can't have the same textures such as clouds from REX 3 or REX 4 installed at the same time.  One will overwrite the other.

Are you using REX Essential or REX 4 Texture Direct?  If REX Essential please install SP3 it has the wave animation fix.  If REX 4 Texture Direct, that will be released with SP4/Texture Update # 2 this week.

Reed does this hold true for P3D - can I load this up while waiting for a REX4 update - thank you

Rich Sennett

Your welcome and it is our pleasure.

Reed did you see my question - thanks

Rich Sennett

REX 4 Texture Direct SP4/Texture Update #2 will be available this early next week.  This includes a fix for the wave animations just like SP3 for REX Essentials.

You just made my day! Cheers!

Answering your question, Reed.

I am only using REX4.  However, since you have a fix coming soon for the wave animation for P3D, I will wait and update to SP4 when you release it next week. But, no pressure... take your time.

I just want to let you know .... "We 're all counting on you."  :Batting Eyelashes: 

It would be marvelous if we had like a built in setting so we could change the wave animation from different heights, regardless of weather conditions. Honestly, I like flying  6,00 to 25,000 feet, look out the window and see the sea in action. 

Just to play devil's advocate :diablo:  :P - I live on an island and fly out every week or so. At altitude, there is almost no discernable wave action, and the static light refraction currently in P3D seems quite accurate...