Sign in to follow this  
mfkillen

VoxPop Server crashing

Sorry if this has been posted prior but I can't seem to find exactly the same issue. I recently installed the VoxATC X is 6.49 and wanted to add the new voices voxpop voice for more selection. I installed the VoxPopbase 

and everytime I run it it crashes. Now /im assuming it needs to run to use the voices as thats what I've seemed to have read so far with individuals not getting the voices to work.. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Mark

Sorry if this has been posted prior but I can't seem to find exactly the same issue. I recently installed the VoxATC X is 6.49 and wanted to add the new voices voxpop voice for more selection. I installed the VoxPopbase 

and everytime I run it it crashes. Now /im assuming it needs to run to use the voices as thats what I've seemed to have read so far with individuals not getting the voices to work.. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Mark

You do NOT need to manually run VoxPopBase after installing it.

In a nutshell, you simply do the following:

1. Install VoxATC

2. Install VoxPopBase

3. Install all voices you want to use

4. Run VoxATC Voice Configuration and setup the voices you want to use.

That's it. Once you start FSX/P3D and Enable VoxATC, the program will start the VoxPopServer and load all voices into memory.

The reason why VoxPopServer is executable as a standalone app, is so that you can pre-load all voices into memory before running FSX/P3D and thus speeding up the VoxATC setup when enabling it. Only issue is that VoxPopServer is buggy and it will not always run correctly when executed manually, so it's best to just let the VoxATC program load it when you enable it.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Thanks for the reply. I'll try uninstalling the voices and then the base and then reinstall as you suggest, I'll let you know how it goes, thank you again..

Mark

Hey again.. Did what you said and still not working. Can you tell me where these load to or where to look if they even went to the right directory

Thanks

Mark

No error message but when I go to Voice configuration and click on a voice say Voxpop female 1 I don't hear it. The only voice I heard is MS Anne. Same goes for all other voices.

Mark