Sign in to follow this  
LarryImler

pilots fs global 2010 FTX; unhandled exception error

Whats going on guys, I get this error when I try to open the config tool  " Unhandled exception error" after installing FSG2010FTX verstion. I got my flight sim stuff installed on my D drive, my C drive is the main drive on my computer, I don't know if that's got anything to do with it but if anyone has any ideas on how to fix it that would be great.

I did look on the pilots website for a solution but they don't even have a fourm so I'm trying to find the solution here.

Thanks Lar

I had the same. This is because the Configurator cant find the terrain.cfg from the main flightsim folder. I tried to move the Configurator program to the flightsim folder, but that didnt work.

An easy workaround is to copy the terrain.cfg to your desktop, where the Configurator shortcut is, open Configurator and run it, then copy the adjusted terrain.cfg back into the flightsim folder. Works for me, this way.

Cheers!

Maarten

well that didn't work but I think I see the problem but I don't know how to fix it. It says "Could not find the file 'D:\Program files (X86)\FSXterrain.cfg'. Obviously there is suppose to be a forward slash between FSX and terrain.cfg. does anyone know how to fix the path in the program?

Sorry to hear it didnt work. I'm using P3D, maybe there's a difference that makes it work for me...

It looks like there's a problem in the registry and the Configurator doesnt find the specified path it needs, but this still a bit out of my league. Hope someone can shed some light on this, I would sure like to know.

Cheers!

Maarten

Most likely you did not install as an Administrator. You might want to download a program called TakeOwnership and then go to the FSX folder, right click it and then select TakeOwnership. More details in the AVSIM CTD Guide.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

yeah firehawk that very well may be the problem. I think I'm just gonna try to do a reinstall and see if that works. what does this config do any way, I mean it actually looks like it installed. I see the folders in the scenery library and I'm not getting errors. It might be a bad idea but I'm just gonna do a reinstall right over top of the old one.

yeah firehawk that very well may be the problem. I think I'm just gonna try to do a reinstall and see if that works. what does this config do any way, I mean it actually looks like it installed. I see the folders in the scenery library and I'm not getting errors. It might be a bad idea but I'm just gonna do a reinstall right over top of the old one.

It has nothing to do with not installing as administrator.

Open up the D:\Program files (X86)\FSX\PILOTS_Software\FS Global 2010FTX\settings.ini file and update the file path to terrain.cfg.

• Upvote 1

Open up the D:\Program files (X86)\FSX\PILOTS_Software\FS Global 2010FTX\settings.ini file and update the file path to terrain.cfg.

Thanks for that. Your solution worked fine here. Appreciated.

Worked here....P3DV3...  Thank you!

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556