Sign in to follow this  
FLYAAY

Re-download Wait Time

Can someone tell me why it takes so long to get a re-download link from PMDG? I know it's only five dollars but if I'm paying for a service I really don't feel like waiting 6 to 8 hours for a response. I submitted for a re-download of the MD-11 at 10:00am Pacific time it is now 4:25pm Pacific time and my ticket status still says waiting for agent.

Thanks,

Bryan McKee

maybe   its   the middle of  the night  their time give them some slack even the best of us need some  sleep, usually  the wait time is 24  hours   depending if its not  the weekend

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I seriously doubt that it's a time zone issue. What I'm saying is there has to be a better way of doing this and there has to be a better way of communicating with the customer.

Well they got to sleep some time cant expect them to work 24/7  do you.as I said usually takes 24  hours or  so

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I really don't feel like waiting 6 to 8 hours for a response. I submitted for a re-download of the MD-11 at 10:00am Pacific time it is now 4:25pm Pacific time and my ticket status still says waiting for agent.
You better get ready to wait days and not hours. The last time I purchased an extended download it was on a Friday. I got the link on Monday. The weekend intervened. If you receive it any sooner, consider yourself lucky.

The last time I purchased an extended download it was on a Friday. I got the link on Monday. The weekend intervened. If you receive it any sooner, consider yourself lucky.

Cant see anything wrong with this unless you want them to work the weekends as well, as Ollie has suggested back up your installers  than you don't have to wait   at all

Peter kelberg

Cant see anything wrong with this unless you want them to work the weekends as well, as Ollie has suggested back up your installers  than you don't have to wait   at all

All the installers are backed up on an external hard drive. I have 2 MD-11 installers, 2 77LR installers, 3 NGX Installers and only 1 747 Installer. Since I don't fly the 747, one is more than sufficient but I might get another NGX Installer just for the hell of it even though I have one that I  have never used.

Yeah normally I save them to a hard drive but I upgraded my operating system and completely neglected to move them over to an Extertal hard drive so that parts on me. Perhaps I'm not understanding where this particular office is located because I sent the request on a Friday and last I checked people work on Fridays but I could be wrong!

Honestly, the weekend is when I usually process less tickets, but I usually clear the queue at least once per day.

I'll take a look when I get home. Driving home from the Caps game.

EDIT:

Sitting in the passenger seat, just to clarify.

Kyle Rodgers

Since we have a few critics in this thread, I thought it would be interesting to run a report out of our support system to see if there is a real problem with responsiveness on our end.  After all- I prefer to have data at my fingertips before making decisions...

Re-Download Requests - Average Initial Response Time Year-to-Date 2014:  3:45h

This is a 7 day per week metric, since we run support 7/365.

This is an average- so many were answered more quickly, and many were answered less quickly.  Is it possible someone waited an entire weekend, of course.  Is it likely? 

No.

The numbers speak for themselves....

23,000+ support requests so far this year.  Average reply time?  5:07h.  I think we do okay.  In fact- I think we do darn well when you compare us to the marketplace.  :P

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Rue the days of instant gratification.

I might get another NGX Installer just for the hell of it even though I have one that I have never used

make sure you send it on a Monday instead of  a Friday :P

Peter kelberg

I appreciate the defense of your team but a little constructive criticism doesn't hurt every once in a while.

It's not so much being defensive as it is practical. You have to understand that PMDG Support says to give 24-48 hours wait time for the ticket to be processed and replied to. It's also not a business day, so you are likely to run into timing issues since its the weekend. As quick as you may want it to be handled, you have to be mindful of the reality of support. Thousands of customers, tickets, ongoing product development... There's just a lot to juggle and they will fit you in appropriately.