Sign in to follow this  
johnbla

Zinertek - HD Airport Graphics

Thats what i call double help ;) Done it already and the problem is solved.

Thanks again Richard!

Cooool :)

Rich Sennett

over write them with rex - done

Tarmac, Taxi Ways and Runways look awful when wet. Is this something that can be corrected? It looks like a sheet of glass. I uninstalled HD Airports and wet ground is normal again.

Tarmac, Taxi Ways and Runways look awful when wet. Is this something that can be corrected? It looks like a sheet of glass. I uninstalled HD Airports and wet ground is normal again.

I have all ready posted a fix for this you loads rex runway reflection after you load Zinertek it will fix it 

Rich Sennett

What if you don't have rex installed?

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Then uninstall HD graphics temporarily, copy Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Texture\runway_bump.bmp to your desktop, reinstall HD graphics and finally copy runway_bump.bmp from the desktop back into \Texture.

What if you don't have rex installed?

Bruceb

Then uninstall HD graphics temporarily, copy Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Texture\runway_bump.bmp to your desktop, reinstall HD graphics and finally copy runway_bump.bmp from the desktop back into \Texture.

Jim is correct - well done - you have been following along - that bump must be drowning out those hard texture reflections and that is how it is toning it down

You get to go Ice Skating.  :P

lol Good one Ric

Rich Sennett

Jim is correct - well done - you have been following along - that bump must be drowning out those hard texture reflections and that is how it is toning it down

lol Good one Ric

Thanks for this clarification.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Argh! I'm in a real mess now with this tree reflection thing... I've tried REX, it alters the water reflectivity, but the trees are still there. I've uninstalled HD Airport Graphics using the uninstaller, but the trees remain on wet airports. At Nassau (freeware) it got even worse, the actual grass was reflecting the trees! Look at this!!

2015-4-1_9-22-4-660_zpsypodggaf.png

I tried the fix for copying over the default runway_bump file, but again, no effect. Where is the fault I wonder? 

Ah, Zinertek sent me a runway_bump map that reduces the effect a bit, but I do have a copy of all the original FSX files, and the file I took from that back up has reduced it again... But, I'd love to get rid of it altogether if possible...!