Sign in to follow this  
capceo

CESSNA 441 - FINAL UPDATE 1.5

Still 1.4 on flihtsim store?? after 3 downloads

Same here,  Tried many times but still 1.4.

Jim

Oops. Meant to say Sim Market.

Jim

I've noticed with version 1.5 that idle thrust is quite a bit higher. I'm having trouble keeping my taxi speed in check without riding the brakes. Were there changes to the engine dynamics to provide for the feathering feature? Or is this something odd happening on my computer? I went back to version 1.4 which is working fine regarding idle power and taxi speed control.

-Bob

Still 1.4 at simmarket :mellow:

Ye  imeat simmarket hence the reason why version should be in the zip name saves downloading just to discover you wasted bandwidth and still dont have an updtae.

Hey Everyone,

Sorry you're having trouble. We sent 1.5 to the stores quite a while ago. We'll fire off a message to them and see what's up.

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

I've noticed with version 1.5 that idle thrust is quite a bit higher. I'm having trouble keeping my taxi speed in check without riding the brakes. Were there changes to the engine dynamics to provide for the feathering feature? Or is this something odd happening on my computer? I went back to version 1.4 which is working fine regarding idle power and taxi speed control.

-Bob

You may need to recalibrate your condition levers from forward back to the detent.  I think they enabled full feather using the switch below the detent...if you program the button. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

You may need to recalibrate your condition levers from forward back to the detent.  I think they enabled full feather using the switch below the detent...if you program the button. 

Thanks Gregg, that may be the problem indeed. I'll give it a try.

-Bob

Hi is there supposed to be an alert if Cabin pressure not set. Didnt set pressure was up at 21000 and no alert??

why come simmarket still no hab 1.5?

I have only spoken to Mark briefly since this issue initially arose. He has been feeling a little under the weather lately, and is taking a few days off. However, he related to me that he is in communication with the stores, including simmarket, and will be resolving the issue as soon as possible.

Hi is there supposed to be an alert if Cabin pressure not set. Didnt set pressure was up at 21000 and no alert??

As long as the pressurization system has a bleed air source (the knob is anywhere other than GND or OFF) the cabin will pressurize. If you just leave the knob turned all the way down to SL, the cabin will begin to pressurize immediately, and when the differential reaches its maximum, the cabin altitude will begin to rise. Most operators, including myself, leave this knob turned all the way down all the time, unless we are going into a really high altitude field. Because the cabin stays lower longer, the passengers (and we) are much more comfortable.

Thank you for your response. I've purchased dozens of add-ons from Simmarket over the past several years and have never had any cause for dissatisfaction with their service. I was under the impression that they posted updates promptly, although I don't know that I have waited as eagerly and watched as closely for any previous update.

I am really enjoying the 441 - thanks so much for this fine model. I'm also looking forward to the MU-2; a neat airplane in real life that should be great in FSX.

Hi thanks,

Whats considered High altitude my longer distances are done at around fl260.

You only need to worry about setting the cabin altitude higher than SL when you're landing at a high field elevation. This is primarily a passenger comfort thing. The airplane is equipped with a "squat switch" which is also known as a weight-on-wheel switch. It serves a number of purposes, most notably preventing the landing gear from inadvertently being retracted on the ground. Another purpose it serves is to open the cabin outflow valve anytime the airplane is on the ground. This ensures that the airplane can never be pressurized on the ground, a situation that would make opening the cabin door quite interesting depending on how much pressure was in the cabin. At 6psi, opening the cabin door (which would then have about 2500lbs of air pressure pushing against it) would result in it being blown off the hinges. Anyway, if you forget to set the pressurization selector to the landing field elevation and land at an airport that sits at, say 4000 - 12000 MSL, the outflow valve would open upon touchdown, and the cabin would dump very quickly. Depressurization would occur in just a few seconds, and it would be extremely uncomfortable for the passengers. Your ears will pop like they never have before :)

If you've ever driven up a bit of a hill in your car and felt your ears starting to pop, you get the idea. Now imagine going from the ground to the top of a 7,000 foot mountain in about 5 seconds. That's exactly what's happening to everyone in the airplane if you "bump" the cabin by forgetting to set the selector.

I live in the northeastern US, and we seldom fly to airports with anymore than a 1,000MSL field elevation. So in our 414, we leave the cabin altirude selector turned all the way down all the time. This allows the cabin to start pressurizing as soon as we take off, and results in a sea level cabin all the way to around 11,000 feet. We just have to remember when we head out west to set the selector before we land...and early enough to give the cabin a chance to climb before we land. Our cabin rate selector stays at 300fpm religiously unless we really need a faster rate for some reason. At that rate, when the airplane reaches 11,000 feet and the cabin starts to climb, it climbs slowly enough that most people don't even notice their ears popping. Planning ahead usually results in a deviation from that not being necessary.

Also, you say your long trips are done around FL260. Keep in mind that the 441 still isn't a jet. You should base your cruising altitude on a combination of winds and efficiency. The higher you go, the stronger the winds are. If flying in the 20's means you're going to have a 60 knot headwind component, you're probably better off staying low. If that wind component is going to be a tailwind you can take her up high and enjoy an additional 60 knots of groundspeed. On a good day at altitude with a real good tailwind, ground speeds of well over 400kts are easily attainable. Or, even better for us owner operators, you can pull the power back and enjoy typical cruise speeds but with profoundly less fuel consumption. That translates into greater range.

One of the 441 trips my father flew a few years ago was from NY to KS, and he flew the airplane all 1,000 miles at 10,000 feet! Staying down low and out of the nasty headwinds is usually more efficient than going painfully slow at altitude.

Thank you for your response. I've purchased dozens of add-ons from Simmarket over the past several years and have never had any cause for dissatisfaction with their service. I was under the impression that they posted updates promptly, although I don't know that I have waited as eagerly and watched as closely for any previous update.

I am really enjoying the 441 - thanks so much for this fine model. I'm also looking forward to the MU-2; a neat airplane in real life that should be great in FSX.

I myself have made over 100 purchases at simmarket. Great to deal with. I'm sure Mark will get this resolved soon, and we will be able to get you updated. If you still cannot get access in another day or so, PM me and I will set you up with a link to download the 1.5 installer.

And thank you for your kind words. The MU-2 is progressing nicely, and is on time for a February/March release. You can expect all the bells and whistles of the 441, including the fully integrated Garrett simulation. And, of course, total systems replication as well.

We are currently working on textures and the VC. Should have another update on the project for everyone in the next two weeks or so.