Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

MD-11F - BRING ME GIFTS!

Awesome,  thanks....

I see the UPS and FedEx MD11's here at KDEN too, but have never actually seen them arrive- no doubt in the wee hours on the AM  :)

Bruce.

Cool shots.  I get to see that plane come in quite frequently from my office.  Should plan a time to see the A380 come in.  It arrives in the late afternoon and leaves in the evening.  It's ginormous!

Cool shots.  I get to see that plane come in quite frequently from my office.  Should plan a time to see the A380 come in.  It arrives in the late afternoon and leaves in the evening.  It's ginormous!

Oh yeah it is.  I went to the grand opening arrive for the very first A380 from Qantas this year.  Never seen so many people gathered to see a plane arrive.  :)  I got some great shots of it coming in.  It just looked like it was floating there for ever.  I think the biggest surprise is how quiet that plane is.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Really nice to see them in real-life.

I sometimes travel to EDDF, and there is no shortage of them there.It's enough to start the PMDG one again ;)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Really nice to see them in real-life.

I sometimes travel to EDDF, and there is no shortage of them there.It's enough to start the PMDG one again ;)

If only the MD11 would run in P3D.   T_T

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I'm late to the party, but I wanted to comment on how nice these pictures are.  I'm on FSX burnout, and need a new hobby, so I think shooting pics of the real birds as opposed to the virtual kind is right up my alley.  I've been an avid spotter all my life, it makes sense to capture these moments on film, err, digital film.

I was on vacation a few weeks ago over in San Francisco/San Jose, and saw plenty of A380 action from KSFO, and also watched a ANA 787 depart from SJC.   Say what you will about the aesthetics of the Jumbo Airbus, but it sure is a quiet bird.   I had the time of my life, lazing around at Fisherman's Wharf, smartphone in hand with the Flightradar24 app, watching the diverse jumbo traffic pass over in a sharp right hand turn over the Golden Gate Bridge to head east over SF bay.  On the return trip back to KPHL, I had a stopover at KDFW and saw the Qantas A380 at the Intl terminal.

I often see Fedex MD-11s pass over my house on the PHILBO STAR to KEWR, and occasionally UPS MD-11Fs to KPHL, my homebase.   Shame to see KLM retired the last commercial flights, but it looks like the type has a long life still with the cargo carriers, especially Fedex/UPS.

Sweet shots. Still my fav aircraft.  It may not be that cost efficient for most, but you gotta admit, it has tons of character.

Thanks for the posts

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Mine too. Not had the luck to see one as close-up as Brian Navy, although I did see a FedEx one at Mumbai cargo apron,and I saw a Lufthansa -11F at my local airport waiting to come off the main Rwy but by the time I waited for it to approach closer, I'd to head for my US Airways gate-call.

Fab shots, Brian. Well captured.

I think the prettiest cargo plane I have shot so far is the 747F from China Air Cargo.  Was totally not expecting to see it.  I new it was a 747 for obvious reasons but as it got closer I was like; that is a colorful 747.. OH!   China Air! 

100454.png

Brian Navy